Formatting Help Please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BigRed3373, Apr 5, 2007.

1. BigRed3373 macrumors member

Hello

:confused: I want to install ubuntu on my IMAC Intel 17 inch with 160 and 512mb but i also want to keep Tiger on it. How do formatt the drive properly so I dont lose any information or Tiger?:confused: It was Easy installing windows but i got to many window computers so the next best is linux. :) Thank You in advanced i wasnt able to find the information on apples site for formatting.

Red:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

2. kolax macrumors G3

You could look at using Parallel's Desktop - http://www.parallels.com/

Costs $79.00

You don't have to restart your Mac when you want to run Linux - just run it in a Virtual Machine environment. Saves you worrying about partitioning your drive too...

3. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

:( :eek: No thank you cannot afford it right know. So how do i go about risking my hard drive and to have it formatted properly?

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

5. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Hi
    is this for internal as well? as stated on page is for external yes a little daughting Thank you:D :D

Anyone Else have Idea's i want them all:p :p

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Yes it is for internal, I think that it uses an external though as a means of installing it on the internal drive...so if you have an external drive it'll be useful.

I used to have a link that would tell you exactly how to do it without the need for an external, but the bookmark is on my mac which is away for another 3 weeks being fixed once again. If you still need information after 3 weeks (unlikely but you never know) I should have the link for you. :)

7. BigRed3373 thread starter macrumors member

Ill take it anyway when you get it no problem waiting can i use boot camp for the Ubuntu or is that strictly for Windows and don't i dare i try:D