Formatting Promise R4 when install OS X 10.9

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Amu, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Amu macrumors newbie

If you install OS X 10.9 the problems starting.:(
    To fix the problems I returned to the backup and restored OS X 10.8.5
    After restarting with sofware 10.8.5 the Pegasus Promise R4 Raid5 disk was empty and the name from the disk was changed to MyBook? By By all data.
    The disk is working normal but data is gone.
    The problem is possible coming from the program WD drive manager.
    The drive is full formatted and renamed to MyBook. (for this I think it is the drive manager from WD)
    I have open a case to Promise, till now reaction was
    "Response By:- Thomas Paraschos 24th October 2013 at 4:53
    Hello,
    we don`t know anything about this problem. But we will try to reproduce the "Error". Please let us know was the Pegasus always connected during the update to your MAC ?

The Promise Pegasus R4 disk is connected with thunderbolt connector and from there the cable is join over to FireWare 800 and 3 disks are connected 2x my book studio editionII and 1x wd my passport studio with the WD disks no problems.
    I have brought the disk to a company to recover all the software.
    The explain "The device has been formatted, and has a few other software/logical problems."
    Next week I know what is possible to recover, according to this company possible 100% recovery. :mad::mad:

2. jordankirkham macrumors newbie

Same issue...any leads?

Mid 2011 iMac - 3.4 i7 - 32GB Ram - 2GB AMD 6970M - OS 10.9
    Promise Pegasus r6 6TB - One week old - Installed OS with drive attached
    Same issue. Reads "Mybook" 6TB Free.

3. Amu thread starter macrumors newbie

Email from WD

***** PLEASE DO NOT REPY TO THIS EMAIL ****

Dear WD Registered Customer,

As a valued WD customer we want to make you aware of new reports of Western Digital and other external HDD products experiencing data loss when updating to Apple's OS X Mavericks (10.9). WD is urgently investigating these reports and the possible connection to the WD Drive Manager, WD Raid Manager and WD SmartWare software applications. Until the issue is understood and the cause identified, WD strongly urges our customers to uninstall these software applications before updating to OS X Mavericks (10.9), or delay upgrading. If you have already upgraded to Mavericks, WD recommends that you remove these applications and restart your computer.

The WD Drive Manager, WD Raid Manager, and WD SmartWare software applications are not new and have been available from WD for many years, however solely as a precaution WD has removed these applications from our website as we investigate this issue. .

Sincerely,
    Western Digital