Formatting Text in Interface Builder??

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by salvadormg, Sep 10, 2009.

1. salvadormg macrumors member

salvadormg

Hi,

Just one quick question, i am currently working in interface builder and i am writing a lot of text in a text view and i copy and paste all the text i wrote up earlier from another programme (there is a lot of text! so i can't wright it all out again it would set me back days...) and when i paste it in it just stays all in one "lump", i can't make spaces cos every time i press enter it just goes out of the text box, how do i make spaces to make new lines or tab to format the text to look better?? I can't find it anywhere and i am sure its one of those silly simple answers that just didn't occur to me at the time.. can anyone help???

Thanks

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

Consider using UIWebview for formatted text. Put the text in a file that you add to your project and load it into a webview at runtime.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You can use Option-Return for soft-returns. As for tabs, don't. Textviews are not meant for fancy formatting, as stated in the documentation. Instead, "to display more complex styling in your application, you need to use a UIWebView object and render your content using HTML."

4. salvadormg thread starter macrumors member

salvadormg

That worked perfectly thats!! Now, back to work for 5 more hours.... don't think i will be sleeping tonight! :p