Formatting Windows PC: Backing Up iphones & Itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Jan 13, 2009.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Ok i am about to Format my PC to clean it :) and i am just gonna back up my original music folder and i had some questions.

Backing up my original music folder will keep album art, lyrics and changes to names and info of the songs made in itunes?

What i need to do to keep all these?

I tranfer my huge music collection to my iphone checking the boxes on itunes to select only those songs i want in? after formatting is there a way to keep those selected without me have to re check every song i want?

After format and reinstalling Itunes again, how to make sure i dont lose contacts or anything in my phone? how i tell the new formatted pc to keep all the stuff on my iphone?

Thanks!

2. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

3. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

backup c:\program files\itunes

on new pc, reinstall itunes

then overwrite the new \program files\itunes with your backup

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

If you do what this guy says, you will probably lose your whole music library.

According to the link and my Windows XP computers, the music is not stored there.

It is stored in My Documents > My Music

Read on...

http://uneasysilence.com/how-to-backup-your-windows-itunes/

Or, if you want to use ITunes to make the backup for you instead of just copying folders:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1382

5. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

i have my music library backed up but still just copying the program files, there is no other way to save my itunes preferences, settings and selections. Thanks!

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502