Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Glad he's gone from Apple. Hopefully he didn't have any "classified" access while at Apple.

How about reading the full sentence:

...enough to ever want to hack it.

He likes Android but not enough to justify spending his free time hacking around on it. I like Amiga's but it isn't enough to justify me ever wanting to go out and buy one - it doesn't change the fact that I still like them.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Didn't anyone at Google spring up their ears when the word "Hacker" came to light ?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Mod Note: This thread was closed temporarily to clean up all the off-topic bickering. Now that it is re-opened, please remain civil and on-topic.

Last edited:

blodyholy

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Iowa
Wow, Harry Potter really let himself go.

Personally I think he resembles a young Steven Page (of Barenaked Ladies fame)...

"Its been one week since Google hired me, interning to bring Apple secrets for free..."

Attachments

• 9017477-large.jpg
    9017477-large.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 65

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Wow, what's with all the 'interning'? Sounds like the new word for 'park your ass until we see if you're worth hiring in some capacity'. You'd think his resume would speak for itself by now. Apparently not...

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
All I want to know is, how can you forget to send an email!?!?!

If I had a chance to keep working for one of the richest companies in the globe, I'd at least click the 'flag button' or reply straight away. There is no chance in this day and age you could miss an email (unless hotmail marks it as junk I guess ;-) )

Whoever he is he seems to be a douche and the harry potter jokes are funny

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Because, from the looks if it, the guy needs to shave and comb his hair for one!:eek:

Simple-minded vanity has no place in progressive business, or in today's society for that matter.

Why do I have the feeling that he was hired at Google in order for them to steal the secrets of iOS?

Because you're an Apple sheep who's knee-jerk reaction is to make negative assumptions about anything and anyone that is not part of the Apple cult?

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
So what, who cares?

If the kid was really smart he wouldn't be just an intern.

This x1000. If he were really a prodigy then he would have had a full time offer, and they would have followed up with more than an email. He has done some pretty public work, but that doesn't mean there are 10,000 people out there doing better work on the private side of things.

Also, the whole "Oh Google hired him to steal his secrets!" is a stupid conspiracy theory that I expect from the crazies part of the apple crowd. Please. He was an intern, not full time, with clearly little job security. My bet is he didn't get access to much.

So, why is this news? College student gets internship, then gets a second! HE MUST BE STEALING DATA!

feefer

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
Why do I have the feeling that he was hired at Google in order for them to steal the secrets of iOS?

I highly suspect you're giving the director of Google's intern program more credit than deserved, if you really think that much thought has been given to any individual intern (read: college student), including Comex.

The dude's an INTERN, which generally means they're not in charge of top-secret projects, or ripping off trade secrets of competitors, etc. Instead, the intern is checking the company out as a summer hire, working FOR the employer. While the intern program is designed to identify prospective future hires, it's not like they hand the intern the keys to their corporate secrets.

Last edited:

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
If he hates android so much and is interning for google... the obvious move would be to help improve the mobile OS as he sees fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.