Former Jailbreakers ANYTHING TO LOSE?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by v2allen, Jul 20, 2010.

1. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Im going to get the ipod touch 4th generation when it comes out but can you please state the following in detail;

1) What are the risks?

2) Is it time consuming

3) Will it change the original display of the ipod with the apps and background because i dont want to change that

4) will you also state in lots of detail what jailbreaking is and what advantage the user gets?

Thank you sooooo much!!!:D:D:D:D:D

2. celticpride678

1) Bricking your device; loosing your warranty
    2) Takes a few minutes tops
    3) Not if you don't want it to
    4) Jailbreaking is a way to get third-party apps and add-ons that are not in the App Store. You can do stuff like: Theme your iPod, get useful utilities and other things too.

Advantages:

1) You get a lot of cool stuff
    2) Able to customize your device

3. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

1) losing warranty, nothing major though. if you break it you can simply reinstall the non jailbroken firmware and take it to apple

2) Takes about 10 to 15 to Jailbreak for a first timer

3) everything can be customized from wallpaper, to layout of icons, display of icons and everything, but just after jailbreaking, it looks normal

4) it allows you to install third party applications and mopdify your ipod to be exactly what you want (software wise)

Advantages - flexibility to do hwta you want

Hope this has helped you
    :apple:Mike

4. v2allen thread starter macrumors regular

v2allen

Thanx guys your answers really helped!

MORE ANSWERS PLEASE???!!!?!?!:eek::confused:

5. xela24678 macrumors regular

previous jailbreaker

Well, i jailbroke my ipod touch and everything went fine. I used blackra1n. That is a simple way to jailbreak it. This is my experience with it. It didn't take long. Just press a button and wait for a couple of minutes. you should really do some research though on how to use cydia and stuff because one wrong move and you can brick your ipod. By the way, brick your ipod means that your ipod has gone beyond reapir because of a corrupt file. Also, even if you restore the ipod to the Apple firmware, if you take it in for a repair they can figure out if you have jailbroken it and won't repair it for you. Hope this helps :)

6. v2allen thread starter macrumors regular

v2allen

Tysm!!!

Wow, thanks!

7. Luminator macrumors member

This statement is completely false, there is no way for Apple to tell if your device was jailbroken after a restore. There is no residue left behind because the restore is a complete refresh of the firmware.

8. v2allen thread starter macrumors regular

v2allen

That is great to know!