Forms that can't be edited

Discussion in 'iPad' started by reklahcs, Mar 24, 2016.

1. reklahcs macrumors newbie

reklahcs

Hello,

First post and searched previous topics but I'm strugging to find what I need.

I want to use an app for ipad that will allow me to upload blank forms for patients to fill out their information, but be unable to edit the form or write anywhere on the form other than where we want. Essentially, I want the equivalent of a survey monkey form where you can only click check boxes, type in text boxes and sign in signature boxes.

There are apps that I've found that let you do all these features, but I want to restrict the ability to click or write anywhere other than where we want. We can't use an online form due to privacy issues so it needs to be done on a ipad app and not through a website.

Specifically this is to be used for patients at a dental office to fill out their information and then we can export it to our computer so we can eliminate the new patient paper forms and do it all electronically.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

PDF office has the ability to create fillable PDFs. It runs off a fairly inexpensive subscription fee, and is of fairly high quality (done by the Readdle guys).

https://readdle.com/products/pdfoffice

Not sure if it meets your needs, but seems like it might be worth a shot.

3. Manatee macrumors 6502a

Manatee

There are several fillable-PDF apps. You can design your form, and then have patients fill in copies and save them. I don't know if there's a way to keep the patient from accessing other features of the iPad, though. Maybe parental controls can lock it down. You'd still have to get each patient's form off the iPad, and delete it from the iPad, before handing it to another patient. The apps I've used let me save to a cloud account for transferring to other computers. I don't know if that's HIPPA-compliant. You may be able to copy the forms off via DileDrop, iTunes or something.

4. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Airtable might be easier to use as it would give you direct access to the raw data input so you can import the whole lot directly into your database. It's free so worth a look anyway.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Airtable is an online app, which I think the OP specifically doesn't want. It has to be done all offline.