Fornite skin

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by tl01, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

My kids are begging me to buy the Samsung S4 tablet so they can get the fortnite skin that comes with it. I have no use for the tablet so I would return it after. Seems like a terrible idea... but as I understand it is the only way to get that particular skin. I wish Apple would release a special skin and I could justify a new iPad or something else. Has anyone else bought a Samsung device and returned it for this purpose? I have other Samsung devices I’m not using so I really don’t want another.

2. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

Or maybe Apple doesn't want people buying and returning iPads for Fortnite skins...

3. ericwn macrumors 68020

4. Corallus macrumors newbie

I mean if you REALLY wanted the skin you could buy the tablet S4, play 5 or So rounds of Fortnite on it and next day return it to retailer saying you want something faster and upgrade to the iPad at same retailer.
    I mean it's a bit frowned upon surely but will get you the skins on iPad.

5. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

Here's an idea: Tell your kids "no." Tell them you're not going to buy a tablet just so they can have a Fortnite skin. In 3 months they won't even be caring about Fortnite anyway.

6. baypharm macrumors 68000

baypharm

I would never buy a device for a “skin” and then return it. If I had children I would simply say no. End of discussion. The adult is supposed to be in control of the family.

7. TomOSeven macrumors 6502

TomOSeven

I think that's considered child abuse today.

8. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Fornite skin?

I keep reading this headline wrong…

9. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

10. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

Your kids will live without the skin.. seriously, just say no or tell them to save up and buy their own tab s4

11. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

Yeah no kidding, I mean growing up something as silly as that would’ve probably been laughed at by my parents along with a blanket, “Nope”.

In all seriousness though, don’t buy your kids the tablet for a silly game skin that they probably won’t be even playing in 5-10 years. That money can go to a lot more valuable things than that that would better benefit your children. Unless money is not important and that free-flowing that your willing to throw money away just for a game skin.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2019 ---
    Alternatively, I’d say you could also look at eBay or Amazon for people selling the skin by itself... some people just by a tablet with a skin because it’s on sale or something and will sell the skin by itself on eBay.

12. Irishman macrumors 68030

Yep, it's all about Apex Legends now. You can be the cutting edge dad and get the game for them (it's free like Fortnite), the only problem is that it's only on Xbox, PS4, and PC.

13. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

I am a mom. And I don’t plan to allow Apex. I didn’t like how it looked. It seemed more realistic than Fortnite. Luckily I am not interested in being cutting edge;). My kids do have two Xboxes and a gaming PC.