Fort Worth Apple Store - holy sh$&@!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WardC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I just got here at 3:30am...the pre reserves are all lined up at the front. I am a walk-in and the walk-in line goes all the way around the building to the backside where it curves into a back alleyway.

There must be over 200 people here already!!!

I sure hope I get an iPhone..

This is craziness!!!!

2. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Make sure you open it up. Make a call while your left hand is covering the bottom left corner of the phone with out dropping a call.

Enjoy your night!

3. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

4. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

An Apple employee just came around the line handing out water...get this: he said they had 1300 phones for the pre-reserves and just the same number (1300 phones) for walk-ins!!!!! There is hope afterall!!!! if you haven't made it here yet there is still a chance you'll get a phone afterall....come on down to the store!!

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

What a nice person you must be.:mad: Do you have friends?:confused:

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

That's cool. Hopefully a lot of you can get one. I just got back from the gym and passed my local Apple store. Line was pretty long. Glad I was able to get mine delivered yesterday.

7. jap1198 macrumors 6502

That is amazing news! How big is the FW apple store? Chances are, the Knox one might have the same amount!:D:D

8. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

How about an update?
    :)

9. camera obscura macrumors newbie

Yeah, how's it going?

10. 451767 Suspended

I can update - I was standing next to wardc as he posted this thread.

For some unknown reason, wardc decided to bail at about 9am, never saw him again.

At one point the store was letting people in 50:1, reserves to walk-ins. Was painfully slow. A lot of people started complaining how it was generally unfair, and the Apple team realized we also, are paying customers. It was then evened out to 5:5, and things began to move pretty quick. I walked out, as a walk-in, with a 16gb at 1:20pm -- I had arrived at 3:20am.

Not bad, tbh, considering there were probably well over 500 people there.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You haven’t even mentioned the heat. It must have been brutal unless you were inside a mall.

12. 451767 Suspended

Oh, yeah. It was 79 at about 6:30am. Up to 88 when I checked at 9am. Pretty humid also, was exceptionally brutal. Just sitting in my chair I was sweating like crazy.

But they did give us free umbrellas, which me and a couple others dubbed iBrellas. Imo it was worth the wait!

13. Built macrumors 68020

Glad you got a phone. Your tenacity paid off.

Too bad that wardC gave up...so close yet so far. It seems to me that, after waiting 5:30 hours, he'd want to at least stick it out a few more.

Hope you guys brought folding chairs. :) Edited...JUST read your post..Good for you on good planning. Too bad the DFW weather can be so brutal. I lived there for two years, and one summer, it did not go below 100 for 30 days straight, even at night.

I'm a little confused, though, why people would argue that it was unfair to take pre-orders and reservations in first. If you called and made a reservation at a restaurant for a table for 7:00 PM, shouldn't you get some priority over me, who decides to walk in at 6:30 PM, without a reservation.

Then again, if the new ratio of pre-orders/reserves vs walk-ins got the line moving quicker, I guess it's OK.

Enjoy your i4. :)

14. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Right hand covers the left side, silly. ;)

15. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Some might say that. Some might also say "What a complete waste of time" (like me) :rolleyes:

16. Built macrumors 68020

Some might also say that "opinions are like ***holes. Everybody's got one, and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

To each his own. Don't want an i4...Don't buy one. :rolleyes:

17. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

maybe he got a stomachache and couldn't stand it anymore...:p

18. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Huh? That was good advice.

19. Dooger macrumors 6502

Looks like someone's just posting random crap in the hunt for 500 posts and 'avatar' status. 235 posts since 30 April! I doubt you'd never reach that total if you actually stopped to read the threads.

20. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I didn't. Relax man...

21. camera obscura macrumors newbie

I showed up around 10:45 AM with a phone reserved. Shortly after I arrived, an Apple employee walked by and someone asked what the approximate wait was from where we were standing. He said ~2 hours. When it was all said and done, it was more like 5.5 hours and yeah, it was hot.