Fortnightly Challenge May 4 - 17: Simplicity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Designer Dale, May 4, 2012.

1. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Welcome to the Fortnightly Challenge

The purpose of the Challenge is to provide a venue where photographers of all skill levels can work to improve their craft by shooting along a common topic for two weeks - one fortnight. Helpful comments and critiques are key to reaching the intended goal - better photography.

About Your Photos

Shoot for the topics listed on the schedule. You may shoot for upcoming topics, but post photos only to their matching Challenges. Try to avoid using photos from your archives just for participations sake. If you really want input on an older image that fits the Challenge topic, please let us see it.

You may post as many photos as you wish for any one Challenge.

About Your Comments

Comments are critical to the success of the Challenge. If you post a photo, add a comment to another one. If you are only viewing, please add your comments, too.

Comments should be meaningful, something that the photographer can use to improve his/her work. Explain why you like or dislike a photo. Spend a moment looking at a photo before commenting on it. Try to answer the question "I like this photo because…" It really helps the photographer.

Note: This is a special edition of the Fortnightly Challenge. Topics based on accepted photography guidelines will be supplemented with user suggested topics. For more on the basic rules of good photography look at this link:

10 Top Photography Composition Rules

The Topic Schedule

• Simplicity May 4-17
      [*]Context May 18-31
      [*]Texture June 1-14
      [*]Experimentation June 15-28

The Challenge will be revamped or retired after this set of Topics.

Dale

2. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

3. Designer Dale thread starter macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Interesting photo. I would be interested in seeing what the color version of it looks like for comparison. Nice stop motion. Having the subject in the upper left quadrant moving out of the frame is a different approach that adds a feel of tension to the shot.

I like the simplicity and calm feel of this shot. Very nice bit of framing. You did a good job of thinking this out before hitting the shutter.

Dale

4. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

[​IMG]
    ISO 100; 15s at f/13; D3100 with a 18-55 kit lens at 24mm.

Melizard, I really like the composition of your photo. The fog and the fact that you can't see the end of the trail work very well together.

5. p.jopko macrumors newbie

6. Melizard macrumors 6502

Melizard

Thanks Dale and milbournosphere!

milbournosphere - I like this photo, it has almost a creepy vibe to it, like I wouldn't want to be hanging out there after dark. Unless I really had a craving for m&m's!

p.jopko - I think this is a perfect photo for the theme. I like how the windows are at the top.