Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Hopefully this Parisian cemetery is eerie. We ere all off to see the Sacre Coeur and I noticed this on a cold grey day. It was very small and cramped. So I took a photo...... end of interesting story :eek:

I think this isn't really a tilt-shift image. But it has that feel. Perhaps it is the slight vignetting. This has great depth of field and it looks like it was shot with a wide lens. Please share the technical data on this one.

Okay, Okay!

Glad to see you back at the party. Good luck with the physics and chemistry.

Trails above the Window

My initial reaction to this was a bit negative - room lights and star trails just don't belong together. When I decided to get rid of my bias I saw that you made it work. My only suggestion is to darken the sky and darken the window light. The star trails are a bit overwhelmed by too much light.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Pumpkins, leeks, turnips are a few of the things that we should be protected from. Get help now before its too late.

Pumpkins, leeks, and turnips.

Dinner for some. Scary for others. Go figure..........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• veggies-2.jpg
    veggies-2.jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 78

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
It may not be eerie to you, but believe me it is. These folks live across the street from me and their whole yard is filled with junkers. I think this is a Corvair. They have had two big fires, one in a shop and the other in a mobile home. The kind you drive (or used to in this case...:confused:...). Keeps life from getting too dull.

carwreck.jpg

Dale

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I think this isn't really a tilt-shift image. But it has that feel. Perhaps it is the slight vignetting. This has great depth of field and it looks like it was shot with a wide lens. Please share the technical data on this one.
Exposure: 0.022 sec (1/45)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length:18 mm
ISO Speed: 400

vignetting all added later to make it a little more eerie. I had only a few seconds for this shot as baby and mother were a little cold that Paris morning. I remember it was misty but by the time I took this photo - it had passed.

Pumpkins, leeks, and turnips.

Dinner for some. Scary for others. Go figure..........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
There should be laws against this type of thing

It may not be eerie to you, but believe me it is. These folks live across the street from me and their whole yard is filled with junkers. I think this is a Corvair. They have had two big fires, one in a shop and the other in a mobile home. The kind you drive (or used to in this case...:confused:...). Keeps life from getting too dull.
Aren't there laws against this type of thing?

So I'm impressed you got the shot and it does come across as eerie.

Okay, Okay!
I ended up needing to take both Physics II and Chemistry I this semester at college so I have not had the time I wanted to get out and shoot. Never the less, I forced myself to go out last night and try some stuff. It may not seem eerie to some, but the wind was whistling through the trees and it was well after dark.

BTW, I really like how everyone has worked to make this an exciting thread. I may not always be posting in it but I always read through when I'm on.

Good to see you back with a photo. I think I agree with deep diver on this one - However as it's 6:30 am here and the effects of my overnight eye cream means I'm still partially blind, so I won't even try to adjust a lovely photo even slightly.

Physics X Chemistry ✓ Biology ✓✓✓

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
It may not be eerie to you, but believe me it is. These folks live across the street from me and their whole yard is filled with junkers. I think this is a Corvair. They have had two big fires, one in a shop and the other in a mobile home. The kind you drive (or used to in this case...:confused:...). Keeps life from getting too dull. Dale

This is one of those shots that can go either way -- a really boring snap or a really interesting image. You win on this one. I am not sure exactly why but the framing, composition, and colors work together so well. Nice job.

Oh. One other thought for you: MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I'm really surprised you could get so much depth of field at that focal length and aperture.

I confess at the time (I didn't have much) - my only thought was to take a snap to remember of this little place crammed into the city.

In search of information I went of to a DOF site and it said this about mine - which was roughly the same for all dSLRs. My poor old Samsung - its been in a traffic accident where it was thrown about 10 foot across a road in an unpadded bag. It's been dropped on marble floors and it is still going strong. Takes around 550 shots on 4 AA's (rechargeables). I love my camera.

Attachments

• DOF Samsung.jpg
    DOF Samsung.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 63

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I think these are eerie and they certainly are beginning to sadly dominate the skyline on the edge of my mountain.

4057822710_ef65930d7e_b.jpg

digitalphotog77

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
civil war trenches

Little story behind this photo, I took this three days in Clarksburg, WV on top of Lowndes Hill, old civil war trenches that protected the city during the war.

The photo was taken with a 45mm T/S Lens, Camera RAW.

I noticed something questionable in the leaves, look at the middle tree and then to the right. see it? thoughts?

4054115943_c70cc311ff_b.jpg

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
My picture is nothing artist - just a snap with a point and shot but is eerie - a neighbour in our apartment building did this to another neighbours door with a knife/screw driver and smashed in her peep hole. He is bi-polar and an alcoholic. He was getting a salary not to go to work and attracted lots of parasitic "friends" who thank god at the first sign of trouble moved him else where.

Dales picture works - mine doesn't but he reminded me of this time.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 59

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Little story behind this photo, I took this three days in Clarksburg, WV on top of Lowndes Hill, old civil war trenches that protected the city during the war.

Nice image. The history makes it even creepier. I usually do not like out of focus major elements in a photo. It works really well here. Your effort at creating the ghost might have worked better if you did not try to draw our attention to it. What makes this even weirder for me is that my wife really likes the "Ghost Hunter" type shows.

Dales picture works - mine doesn't but he reminded me of this time.

Perhaps his friends moved him to across the street from Dale. Ya never know.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

The photo was taken with a 45mm T/S Lens, Camera RAW.

I noticed something questionable in the leaves, look at the middle tree and then to the right. see it? thoughts?

4054115943_c70cc311ff_b.jpg

Looks like a cloned out hunter. Being taken in the woods of West Virginia, the cloning tool may have not been necessary...

Dale

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Another one of those aquarium shots but there was not a lot of water to shoot through and the glass did not confuse the AF.

Attachments

• * sea creature 1.jpg
    * sea creature 1.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 62

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Thanks for the opinions on my photo everyone, I plan on working on it some more this weekend between my homework sessions. I'll post the results later.

Chappers - I really like the skyline shot. I think it might look eerier if the photograph had more contrast and the sky looked darker. Just a thought...

John

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I was goofing with my kid and he told me that I had to post this. :confused:

My son would want the same - I've seen the pre-PS version of this and what a great photo they both are because they tell a story of a family.

Having said that - it is a rather scary picture - :eek:

beachnbum

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2009
Cape Fear
I registered to enter, so...

You play to win the game, they say. Here's my entry. Wrightsville Beach, SE coastal NC. ABOUT 9PM OCT. 30.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 70

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Here is my son looking serious for a change with the skull that scared him for about a week. I found him in our apartment balancing it on his head and asking for a photograph to be taken.

3353788234_6b8b385040_b.jpg

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Very nice shot. I'm have a "Night of the Living Dead" kind of moment. :D:D:D

Thanks... I had hoped to post this on Halloween but couldn't get over there to take the picture . The graveyard is actually pretty benign , I got the effect via
'decolorizing' the image to look like a daugerrotype using Alien Skin Exposure in CS4 and then applying a gradient layer to create the fog or mist in the background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.