Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Fortnightly Challenge - October 3 thru October 16

Challenge topic(s): Warm and/or Cool

The challenge will run from right now until : 11:59PM Oct 16

Be sure to visit and post your images in our Flickr group.

Rules:
1. Photos should be your own work.
2. Produced within the challenge period if possible.
3. All positive feedback and criticism is encouraged and welcome if you posted or not.
4. There is no real limit to the number of photos you may enter.

Challenge topics:
1. Suggestions for the bi-weekly's challenge are made in a single thread which will be set up the week before.

Lets have fun!!

mtnbikemama

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
Northern CA
I'll start off with this:

4802595548_c2895b2809.jpg

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Here's Mine...

Really neat shot with great color and some menacing clouds. The composition loses it for me though. Was this extreme angle on purpose or just how you happened to fire it off? A more traditional composition and crop would really let me focus on what's is awesome in this shot and that's the clouds and lightening.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Really neat shot with great color and some menacing clouds. The composition loses it for me though. Was this extreme angle on purpose or just how you happened to fire it off? A more traditional composition and crop would really let me focus on what's is awesome in this shot and that's the clouds and lightening.

Well, I don't have an SLR camera, so I was sitting on my roof with my SD Canon, and I had to rest it on the roof (which was angled) to get the shot.

It's the best I could do :)

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Well, I don't have an SLR camera, so I was sitting on my roof with my SD Canon, and I had to rest it on the roof (which was angled) to get the shot.

It's the best I could do :)

Nice shot. But even P&S cameras can be mounted on a tripod. (for these kind of shots a small table top tripod or gorillapod can be handy)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
A bit on the hot side. Deadly Nightshade at the Nisqually Delta. I couldn't figure out why the birds left it alone until my girlfriend told my they are poisonous.

EXIF Summary: 1/200s f/5.6 ISO100 100mm

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Stonehenge..

Posted this in the POTD thread as well (Page 5), so sorry for "crossposting"... I am just really fond of this shot... I know there is a lot wrong with it but for me this really works...

Attachments

• 10_2010_NikonD700v2_ 202.jpg
    10_2010_NikonD700v2_ 202.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 90

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Warm

Train running through the Chambers Bay Park/Golf Links. They have finished a pedestrian bridge over the tracks that allow folks to walk the beach for the first time in a while. The train caught me off guard and this was a shoot from the hip thing.

Dale

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Posted this in the POTD thread as well (Page 5), so sorry for "crossposting"... I am just really fond of this shot... I know there is a lot wrong with it but for me this really works...

Pretty cool. The clouds are insane and the light is just great on the stones. The shadow on the hill in the foreground is a little distracting but it's a great capture of the moment. I bet it didn't last very long. It would be cool to see this scene from a higher vantage point I bet.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
C&C welcome..

Nice perspective on the candles. Not sure how you uploaded this but I could not get a larger version to come up so it's hard to see. I wonder if a color version would fit more in the warm category. In B&W it's kind of oddly in between to me.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All,

I am REALLY sorry. I completely spaced the challenge this week. I had a couple midterm exams and the challenge just slipped out of my mind. I am going to post a new challenge tomorrow with the theme of "Favorite Photos." I know we have done that topic before, but it will allow us to continue without a weird break.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.