Fortnightly Challenge: Topic Poll 2: Vote Now!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Designer Dale, Mar 23, 2011.

?

Vote for your Favorite Topic.

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Environmental Portraits

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Still Life

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Humility

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Contentment

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Empathy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Perspective

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. Patterns

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  8. Renewal

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Designer Dale, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Edit: This is now a poll to determine the next three Challenge topics. You may only vote once, so choose carefully. It there is a tie, the order of topics will be determined by putting those topics in alphabetical order. That's the best I could think of...

Welcome to the Fortnightly Challenge Topic Thread

The purpose of the Fortnightly Challenge is to help photographers of all skill levels improve and evolve in their photography. Anyone who is willing to take a photo or offer a comment is welcome to participate.

About the Topic Thread:

• This is a collaborative topic thread to be posted every six weeks. Participants will suggest and discuss topics, and a poll at the end will determine which three are the most popular. Those three will constitute the next topic schedule. Any forum member may post a new topic thread upon seeing that the current schedule of topics is about to run out. The last week of the running Challenge is a good time to do this. That will allow plenty of time for discussion.

• Topics on the schedule will appear in succession as active Challenge threads for two weeks (one fortnight) per topic. Any forum member may post the new fortnightly challenge thread once the current one has expired.

• Topics should be general enough to apply to at the wide range of photography talent on the MR Digital Photography forum. Keep them as open to creative interpretation as possible.

The current Challenge is the last of three, so it's time to bring up new topics. Here are the top remaining vote getters from the first go around. Each had six votes. I will convert this post to a one vote poll Friday night Pacific time to determine the top three for the next set of Challenges.

Dale

Perspective
    Patterns
    Renewal

2. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Well done, Dale! I'd be happy to go with the three runners-up you've got there from last time. I could suggest some new topics, but they're no better than what we've got already.

They were good topics last time, but I've had enough of unexpected places for now! :)

3. jhndavid macrumors newbie

NIce contest I got your PMs and you need to check yours now I will be checking in on this from time to time!

4. AxisOfBeagles macrumors 6502

AxisOfBeagles

I have to agree with Ish. One "unexpected place" topic was, to my limited mind, enough. I'm struggling with being truly creative on this second "unexpected place" topic.

I like all three on your list - all represent both technical and conceptual interpretation possibilities. If we all agree to simply go forward with those, I'm OK with that.

5. Keleko macrumors 68000

My church is doing a special photo topic each week during Lent. I'll add the first three. They've certainly been a challenge for me.

Humility
    Contentment
    Empathy

6. AxisOfBeagles macrumors 6502

AxisOfBeagles

Ooooh, I really like the concept of "Environmental portrait". when I read the wiki, t was not at all what I guessed it would be. I've already got two or three great ideas for that one!

7. mtnbikemama macrumors member

I like both of these, Dale. I hope to get out and take some pictures soon. School functions, constant illness, and a tax audit have been plaguing me recently. :eek: Somehow, there is no time left for the things I want to do! :(

8. Master-D macrumors member

I like the still life idea. I have been meaning to sit down and set something up for ages, maybe this will be the inspiration. I guess environmental portraits and perspective would be my next preferences.

9. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Aardvarks :p

10. Designer Dale thread starter macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

So far, it looks like this:

#1 - Patterns
    #2 - Environmental Portraits
    #3 -
    Perspective
    Renewal
    Still Life

Looks like my alphabetical order idea was a good one.

The next Challenge goes up on the 30 th. Vote now or forever hold your peace...

Dale

11. Designer Dale thread starter macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Next Three Topics

We are ready to begin the next set of three Challenges. Here are topics and dates. I am away from my computer, so anyone can get the next thread up.

Patterns: March 30 - April 12

Environmental Portraits: April 13 - April 27

Perspective: April 28 - May 11

Dale