Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vote for your top three topics

• Soft/Sharp

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Unison/Synchronized

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Emotion

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Alone

• Mass Transit

• Random

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reflection

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Water

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Transparency

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Timing

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Crowds

• Architecture

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Asymmetry

• Symmetry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Welcome to the Fortnightly Challenge Topic Poll. This is a multiple vote poll. Pick your top three (3) choices.

This thread is now a poll to select topics for the next three or more Fortnightly Challenges. This is a multiple vote poll and you may vote for your top three topics. Voting will close at 6pm Friday Pacific time and the new Challenge will be posted Saturday.

The purpose of the Fortnightly Challenge is to help photographers of all skill levels improve and evolve in their photography. Anyone who is willing to take a photo or offer a comment is welcome to participate.

About the Topic Thread:

• This is a collaborative topic thread to be posted every six weeks. Participants will suggest and discuss topics, and a poll at the end will determine which three are the most popular. Those three will constitute the next topic schedule. Any forum member may post a new topic thread upon seeing that the current schedule of topics is about to run out. The last week of the running Challenge is a good time to do this. That will allow plenty of time for discussion.

• Topics on the schedule will appear in succession as active Challenge threads for two weeks (one fortnight) per topic. Any forum member may post the new fortnightly challenge thread once the current one has expired.

• Topics should be general enough to apply to at the wide range of photography talent on the MR Digital Photography forum. Keep them as open to creative interpretation as possible.

Dale

Last edited:

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I like that one.

I was going to suggest the recent competition subject of Summer but it's not summer for all of us, so maybe call it something like Summer(Winter) or Local Season.

Maybe we could do that once for each season?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Have any of these been done yet? I'm somewhat new to these Fortnightly challenges.

Crowds

Architecture

Asymmetry

Symmetry

Just a thought.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Thanks for the input, all of the new suggestions are very interesting subjects. The current Challenge expires Friday, so I will get the poll going before I go to bed tonight. I may eliminate the bottom three or four from the previous go-around, the ones that showed little interest. That would leave a list like this:

Soft/Sharp

Unison/Synchronized

Emotion

Alone

Mass Transit

Random

Reflection

Water

Transparency

Timing

Crowds

Architecture

Asymmetry

Symmetry

Dale

h1r0ll3r: Welcome. I like your posting name, it took me a moment to figure it out...:cool:

Last edited:

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Thanks for the input, all of the new suggestions are very interesting subjects. The current Challenge expires Friday, so I will get the poll going before I go to bed tonight. I may eliminate the bottom three or four from the previous go-around, the ones that showed little interest. That would leave a list like this:

Unison/Synchronized

Emotion

Alone

Mass Transit

Random

Reflection

Water

Transparency

Timing

Crowds

Architecture

Asymmetry

Symmetry

Dale

h1r0ll3r: Welcome. I like your posting name, it took me a moment to figure it out...:cool:

So Soft / Sharp is out?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Here are the results and schedule of topics to cover the next 12 weeks if we want to stretch it out.

Reflection: August 6-19
Water: August 20-September 2
Architecture: September 3-16

Transparency: September 17-30
Soft/Sharp: October 1-14
Timing: October 15-28

Emotion 2
Asymmetry 2
Symmetry 2
Unison/Synchronized 1
Alone 1
Mass Transit 1
Crowds 1

Eliminated from list -no votes.
Random

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.