FORTUNE: Party's over Google --- Google falls, Apple soars

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by dogie678, Jul 29, 2010.

1. dogie678 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/07/29/google-the-search-party-is-over/

2. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Wow, that chart really puts it in perspective. :eek:
    Cool. Good for Apple and Apple fans.

Also, MacRumors:Formums > Google Community :p

3. dogie678 thread starter macrumors regular

the Fortune magazine cover is kinda harsh i think.

[​IMG]

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I agree on both accounts. Wow.... I don't think google is over not by a long shot.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Honestly, I don't think Apple can get any better than they are now.

You know, I'm sick to death of the SAME MacBook, MacBook Pro, and failed MacBook Air, they don't REALLY do any upgrades, they just change the color or add more speed. It's still the same design flaw. They're either made out of that HORRIBLE plastic that I've seen people have problems with, or they warp and melt because of the aluminum. The original PowerBooks, before PPC, didn't have this issue, even though they were bulky. This iBook Clamshell I'm using has aged well too.

The Mac Mini isn't worth it anymore either, how many people still buy those? It was a good first Apple for those that just wanted a new machine and didn't want to have to buy a keyboard, etc, but they've gotten to the point of costing as much as the MacBook.

The iPods are just getting ridiculous aswell, how bad is it that the Nano got video and the iPod Touch DIDN'T? And why did they bother making the screens wide on those Classics and then getting rid of them the next year, same with the Shuffle, first they're cute with the colors/white buttons - what happened?!

They should leave the iPhone/iPad alone for awhile and focus on their other products for a bit. There are some serious issues going on.

6. thebez macrumors regular

Somehow, +1 doesn't quite cover it.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I find it hard to believe that a MacBook Pro melting is Apple's fault. 1220°F doesn't come from a CPU.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

My room is a FREEZER, not literately, but it feels like a refrigerator in there. I don't put my Mac on my lap, it's always on a desk or computer bag (that Apple sells). I never leave it in a card or use it outside (only if it's below 70 F which is hardly ever in Texas). I have had at least 50 different laptops in my life - Including but not limited to Dell, Gateway, IBM, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, Sony, just about everything out there, running Windows 3.1 to Windows 7, no problems ever. I think it's the current Apple design. How do you explain the paint on the keyboard getting all over my fingers?! How do you explain the fact that a piece of my hinge got stuck in my SuperDrive when the Genius people opened and closed the machine? Not to mention that there's SO much tape in that thing in the first place!

Another thing, it's STUPID to design a computer with no vents, REALLY STUPID. CPU running crazy + tape all over the place + fans blasting so much that they make dance music like noises + no vent to breathe through... Come on, it IS Apple!

And for those exact reasons, I'm sitting here with an iBook Clamshell. I am NEVER buying another $2,000 Apple MacBook until they switch to a new design.

9. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Google won't die but they will lose the war they are having with Apple. Smartphones, computers (Chrome OS), etc.

11. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

With all that money you'd think they could throw some spare change at displays. There, I said it.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That would be a crappy batch of paint, not melting aluminum.
    Well, it broke and made it's way to the SD. Again, not melting aluminum.
    So? It has a job to do, and does it. Why should this be a problem?
    Where do you think the fans blow, if there aren't any vents? Why would they even bother putting fans in there if there wasn't any way for that air to get in or out? Do this: look on the inside of the hinge. See those slots? Those are the exhaust vents, and have been there since the first aluminum PBG4.

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, well, doesn't do enough. But I'm not buying another MacBook Pro until they start looking like this:

[​IMG]

14. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Does the public actually care? Linux is open source, but does the general public use it? Mmm, maybe a few million, but it's less than the Mac OS X/Windows share.