Forum moderation

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gwhizkids, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I see that the Public Beta 4 discussion had to be closed. I agree with that decision. However, couldn't that have been avoided with some warnings and/or deleted posts? I realize there are a lot of forums to police here, but shutting down a fairly important thread seems a bit extreme. If you are looking for more moderators, I'd volunteer.

Sorry if this is not in the right location. I looked, but did not see any more suitable place. If there is, feel free to move this there.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Not the right place to post this. Site and forum feedback is.

But to shed some light for you, I read that and many other long threads and more offen than not the posts are removed. But when it turns into a beast it's easier to close the thread.

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

Agreed with Gav2k - I read several mod warnings about staying on topic and at least a couple of posts by mods that some posts were deleted, and IMHO the griping about "lagging", "bugs", "it's a beta", and the ilk - on both sides of the issue - more-or-less duplicated the previous iOS 9 beta-related threads. Closing that thread wasn't my decision, however - IMHO - most of its content was a worthless read, and I'd rather see that type of banter handled in IMs between members.

The mods stuck a fork in it, IMHO it was pretty much well done...

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There were a number of mod notes in the thread advising people to be civil and/or stop bickering. At some point there comes a time where the amount of work to oversee one thread outweighs the benefit of keeping the thread open.

In the future, please use the http://forums.macrumors.com/misc/contact/ link to discuss moderation as that is the proper avenue to discuss moderator actions. To that end, I'll close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.