Forum Page Number Text on Retina MBP too Large

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Weaselboy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I picked up a new 13" Retina MBP yesterday and noticed the MR forum page numbers at the bottom are distractingly large. Is there a VB setting perhaps that could fix this?

This first screenshot is on the Retina at default "Best for Display" at 1280 x 800. I tried scaling up to 1440 x 900 and the issue still exists.

It appears that on the Retina display for some reason the page numbers are displaying about 25% larger than the Page 1 of 3 text rather than showing as the same size as intended.

[​IMG]

This second screenshot is on a Thunderbolt Display at default 2550 x 1440. My old MacBook Air at default 1440 x 900 looked just like this also showing the numbers the same size as the Page x of x area.

[​IMG]

Not a huge deal... but just thought I'd ask if there was a simple fix.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's like that on my 15" Retina MBP as well...will check with arn to see if there's a specific reason for it, and if not, see what we can do.

3. Centsy macrumors regular

It's triggering the iPad stylesheet due to this line.

<link rel="stylesheet" media="only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2)" type="text/css" href="http://cdn.macrumors.com/styles-new/ipadforum.css">

You would have to use something other than just the pixel ratio, such as including the dimensions.

4. Weaselboy thread starter Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Have not been on my Retina screen in a couple weeks and just noticed today this is fixed. Thanks

[​IMG]