Forum Spy problem

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by GGJstudios, Jun 25, 2014.

1. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This morning I noticed that Forum Spy will display the list of new posts, except the forums I've excluded, but after a few seconds, it switches and displays posts from all forums, even though the selection to exclude forums is still checked. Is this a known issue? Anyone else experiencing this?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So far I'm not noticing any issues with the spy, its retaining all my settings, i.e., I'm only seeing what I want to see.

3. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Here's what I'm seeing:

Normal view:
    Scap  2014-06-25 at 8.06.34 AM.png
    4 seconds later, without touching anything:
    Scap  2014-06-25 at 8.06.45 AM.png

Sometimes it will switch back to the normal view after several seconds. This is after resetting Safari, restarting the Mac, and with all extensions turned off. I also randomly get beachballs when viewing Forum Spy, or if I'm replying to a thread. The beachball only appears on MR forums tabs, and not on other Safari tabs, so it's not the app that's locking up.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not saying its not occurring but rather it must be a localized issue as I'm not seeing what you're reporting.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Could be an issue with Javascript on your machine. Have you restarted the browser to try and clear it? FWIW, I've not noticed it on any of my computers, but will keep an eye out for it.

6. simsaladimbamba

I have seen that too, yesterday suddenly several fora I excluded appeared, but I blamed my own stupifidity.
    It hasn't happened today yet.

7. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I reset Safari several times and restarted the Mac, turned off extensions, etc.
    I haven't seen it happen today, either. Must have been a 24-hour bug. :D

8. GGJstudios thread starter macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The problem with Forum Spy ignoring my excluded forums selection has returned.