Forum Spy Reloading with Old Threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by -aggie-, Jul 22, 2009.

1. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Forgive me if this discussed somewhere, but I did search (Forum Spy) and didn't see any threads discussing the issue I'm seeing.

This could be something due to our LAN, but for some reason Forum Spy reloads with posts that are from hours if not days ago. Has anyone seen this behavior? It would also explain why some people keep opening all these old threads.

If this has been discussed, commence thrashing now. :)

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Next time it happens could you provide a screen shot? Then I can look at the threads and see if there are other reasons they show up. If it is an issue, I'll add it to "the list".

3. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

Will do.

untitled2.JPG

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

5. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, at home it's actually worse. What happens there (on Vista, IE 8.00) is that all of a sudden a thread I try to open from Spy will freeze and then everything goes haywire. I eventually have to close MR and restart. It's like Forum Spy is overwriting something. I tried refreshing, but that doesn't seem to keep it from happening. All, I know is the page gets bigger and bigger as new threads keep coming in, so maybe that's why.

6. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

Did you guys do something to fix this, because I haven't had any issues over the past few days, at least at home?

Edit: Guess not, since the behavior hasn't changed at work. I don't know what's up at home, since it seems to be okay now.

7. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

I hate to bump this thread Dr. Q, but have you guys looked into this issue? It continues to drive me crazy (okay, not crazy, but somewhat irritating) that I have to refresh my screen every few minutes or I get all kinds of strange posts that are off by hours to days at a time. I have IE 6.0 here at work, and that could be the issue, but I'm not sure. We are way behind others when it comes to IT.