forum suggestion: separate out macbook pro and retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Freyqq, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyqq macrumors 601

Since the rmbp 13" is apparently coming soon, I think there is enough difference between the two model types to warrant a new forum category. Thoughts?

2. TRAV9614 macrumors regular

Yes! I really would like this I am getting a bit tired of all the rmbp threads and would like them to be separate from the cmbp threads.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This has already been discussed extensively here, and it was decided not to create a separate forum.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why?

The original MacBook Pro was not separated into a separate forum when the MacBook Pro with unibody chassis was released.

5. harry454 macrumors 6502

Hey Alphaod, while agree with your reasoning behind this, I think one different factor is that the old Macbook Pro's and the Unibody's weren't being sold at the same time. I think in this case it makes more sense, since both are being sold at the same time, it is really getting cluttered and hard to figure out what someone is talking about. But hey thats just my opinion. :D

6. chisasba macrumors member

I honestly don't come on the forums very much anymore. Mainly because it seems every post is about the retina. Maybe it will die down with time..

7. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Yes! What he said

8. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 601

I think it is a good idea. I mean...the difference between the macbook and macbook pro was about as big as the macbook pro and the rmbp in my opinion.

9. Elijen macrumors 6502

Elijen

Because we cMBP users are bored of endless stories about rMBP technical issues :)

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

MOD NOTE

This thread was closed because it has been discussed extensively here.

Please feel free to continue the discussion there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.