Forums load to white page

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by quagmire, Apr 9, 2017.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

This has been going on for the past few weeks and gotten a bit annoying. It only seems to happen with Safari( tried firefox, no issues it seems). It only happens on this site and no other site I frequent this occurs. Macrumors homepage is not affected either, just the forums. I have disabled my extensions, cleared cache, disabled cache, deleted cache out of the library, etc to no success in fixing the issue. Can get the forums to load after clicking the refresh button( which is stuck as an X).

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have recently experienced partial forum page loading on a regular basis with Safari (latest developer preview and Adguard 1.41). Once or twice the page wouldn't even load like your complaint. Chrome doesn't have any problems on the forum.

3. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

Haven't seen any issues like that. Is ABP on, or you have MacRumors whitelisted (I'm not sure if it even uses a whitelist)? I have uBlock on so that shouldn't even be the issue.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Perhaps investigate your ad-blocking settings?

5. danny_w macrumors 601

This has also been happening to me a lot lately using iOS. I have to reload from a bookmark or re-enter the address. Never seen it elsewhere.

6. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Everything disabled still causes it.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, I have sometimes experienced the forums - and not the rest of MacRumors - stalling and finding it difficult to load. It happened as recently as this afternoon.

8. Northern Man macrumors newbie

Northern Man

Over the past week or two when I click on the number in the box to take me to the last page of a forum topic, at least 50% of the time i am taken to a blank page rather than the page with the last message posted. I use Safari and this only happens in macrumors.com, not with other sites I visit.