Forums not loading properly.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Is anyone else having problems with the forums at the moment? They're not loading properly for me in Safari 2.0 and I've tried resetting it, but to no avail. :(

Plus, they seem quite a bit slower than normal. I haven't tried this on Windows yet but I don't think it's a problem my end anyway as every other site I've been going to has been fine today, but I just wanna check. Maybe it has something to do with the server migration arn was talking about.

Attachments

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Yeah same here, as you Mad Jew, in IE from Windows, the main MR page is down too.

Comment

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Yeah I've got it too. It looks like just a little CSS problem that has made things go a little funky. The left and right images that make up the individual tabs appear to be missing.

Comment

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
The background images for those tabs are hosted on the main https://www.macrumors.com server, so when it goes down (like it seems to be at the moment) those images will fail to load. They're working for me but they appear to be just cached by Safari or NTL's proxy.

Comment

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
It's working fine for me (Safari 2.0).

But the homepage is acting a tad odd. I don't seem to be getting the current homepage but an older one. I've tried emptying the cache to no avail. No biggie, as the forums still work. 'Tis odd though.

Comment

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I have been noticing a different kind of problem with Forums not loading properly for me today - When I click on a thread I am being taken to random parts of the thread. Usually about two thirds of the way down the last page. Sometimes it's two thirds of the way down the last but one page. Anyone else getting this? I can understand being taken to the last post of the last page but not where I am being deposited.

Comment

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
MacDawg said:
I've had no problems on my crappy Windows XP box at work :eek:

Woof, Woof – Dawg
Dude you should be ashamed of yourself visiting a Mac site with a Windows machine ;)

Comment

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
mad jew said:
Yeah, the last half an hour has been a little strange but it seems great now... Go figure. :confused:

Meh, I'm happy. :)
Yeah seems alright for me now too. Perhaps it's just because i'm now browsing on my brand spanking PowerBook :) :) :)

Comment

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
mad jew said:
Congratulations! :D
Thank you very much :)

Totally awesome machine too. Coming from an 800Mhz iBook to this is like travelling through time to the future. I didn't realise that the performance boost would be quite so significant. It's given me a new take on OSX now it's this snappy.

Comment