Forward: Crossover Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZiggyPastorius, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I moved this to this part of the forum from Mac Basics and Help, since it fits here better.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Sorry to say, but crossover is only good for a few, usually smaller apps. It is really nice, but with only an application calling up only needed windows functions it can get really nuts. Best bet would be to use VMware or Parallels.

BTW, why not just run Office for Mac. That would at least solve one of you app problems.

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Running Office for Mac works for part of what I need, but I need Publisher to be compatible with the other computers involved in the creation of the school newspaper. I've noted it can get kind of bothersome. I managed to get Steam to work, but some other problems are arising. Also, I tried the demo of Parallels and I couldn't figure it out at all...I installed Windows in it, it went through the setup and simulated a restart, but then, it wasn't there, it just went back to the install Windows screen again. I removed the CD and tried restarting the program, but to no avail, no OS detected. Anyone mind telling me how to work it correctly?