Forward Delete

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RatHat, Jun 30, 2011.

1. RatHat macrumors member

RatHat

Is there a way to forward delete on an iPad? I know on an iMac I have to hold the fn key while hitting delete to delete forwards, but can it be easily done on an iPad keyboard?

2. cheeryble macrumors regular

As far as I can make out the lack of forward delete is yet another of the iPad's failings. Not only ha but no italic no bold no underline yo name it,
    In fact it's very lucky I can even send yo an answer oa forum because I canmot even post by iPad on my most used forum, it simply wll not set a cursor in the box,

Naturally as always I've had to go back and corect my typing as usual.

Beats me how Apple got away with selling so many.

3. RatHat thread starter macrumors member

RatHat

Well I certainly hope that the new OS allows for this, and also gives the ability to place the cursor mid-word, or phone number (especially on the iPhone).

Posting this from the iPad though, with no problem.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The iOS has had the ability to place the cursor mid-word since the iPad was introduced. Once the cursor is on-screen, touch anywhere and hold and a magnifying glass will appear and allow you to drag the cursor anywhere you want.

5. RatHat thread starter macrumors member

RatHat

Thanks for that, that was something I found very annoying, but now no longer have to get frustrated about.

Much appreciated.

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

No problem. I discovered it by accident. I quess that's what the User Guide is for. Been meaning to read it some day.