Forward iphone texts to GVoice or email address?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lvanhoff, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Lvanhoff macrumors newbie

Is there any way to forward texts sent TO my iphone to a service such as Google Voice?
    My iphone is broken/wont power up so I'm trying to remotely set up any possible forwarding solutions. I can see this would also be helpful to dial in for international travel where I don't bring my iphone but want it to forward me both my voicemails AND text messages. I get how it works for voicemails, but haven't found any way to forward SMS texts. Is is possible?

Also, given my iphone wont power on, is there any way short of calling ATT to forward my iphone number to my new Google Voice number?

Does anyone have any favorite "have iphone, travel internationally, avoid roaming/data charges" apps to check out? I generally use Skype/GMAIL and now I'll try Google Voice. Would love to see a roundup of apps to try out.

Thanks in advance!

2. DPatel304 macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I am looking for the same thing. I want to be able to forward or view my SMS from my computer or ipad, if possible.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you're in the US you can sign up for Google Voice and link your carrier phone number to your GV number.

4. DPatel304 macrumors newbie

Are you talking about the option to 'port' your number to google voice?

I looked into that, but it seems like it can be a messy process: