Forward text messaging to 2nd iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luckieduckie, Feb 9, 2015.

1. luckieduckie macrumors newbie

I have 2 iPhones - one personal, one work. I cannot consolidate into one due to multiple reasons. Anyone recommend a method or app that will allow me to aggregate my text messaging to one phone? Thanks

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Use text messaging forwarding that's built into iOS 8?

3. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Google Voice should work. Although, you will need Google Hangouts to receive MMS messages. I use Google Voice for calls & SMS (text only).

4. luckieduckie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply! But I thought text forwarding was for iOS 8.1 to forward to iPads/Macs only with yosemite? I'll look around further though for forwarding from one iPhone to another.

Thanks!

----------

Thanks jeff r - i was looking at that this morning - I use Hangouts for work - and am trying to evaluate the functionality of Voice and Hangouts to achieve use of one phone versus 2 - thanks!

5. UPBaylor macrumors member

I was wondering the same thing. I'm about to change out my SIM for a vacation and wanted to set my current number to forward to the new one while I'm out of the country (just Canada). I seem to be able to set this up for voice calls, but not texts. (or, at least I don't know how)

6. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

As long as you are signed into the same iCloud account and use the default iMessage, your messages will be synchronized across devices.