Forwarding bellsouth.net mail to Gmail.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by reubs, Nov 8, 2008.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

I hope this is in the right place. I've been hunting around for solutions, and I can't find one. With that in mind, there may not be one.

I've got a work e mail with a "bellsouth.net" address, and I simply need to forward that to my Gmail so that I can (hopefully) begin getting my Bellsouth e mail in my Mail.app.

I should add that I normally check this e mail through Outlook at work, but it would be much easier to just deal with it through Gmail (at least I think it would be).

Is there any easy solution to this, or am I out of luck?

Thanks much!

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I think forwarding your "bellsouth.net" email is the easiest and best solution if you want to be able to read the email on both Outlook at work and Gmail.

First log into the Bellsouth (or AT&T) website to view your mail. Then go to Options>Email forwarding (Adv. View) or Forwarding (Classic View) you will be greeted with Forwarding window with three options. Choose "On - Forward and keep a copy" and that should be it. Test by sending an email to that account and see if it comes into both inboxes.

Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, let us know.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Actually, Gmail allows you to download messages from other accounts via POP3. See the "Account" tab in your Gmail settings.