Forwarding calls to Skype #

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yelnref, Sep 9, 2014.

1. yelnref macrumors member

Hey all. Probably the wrong day to be asking a non 6/+ question but here goes. :)

I think this is fairly straightforward, but can expand if necessary...

If my iPhone is unlocked and I set the phone up to forward calls to a Skype number (by going to the phone tab under settings), and then I remove the SIM card and put in another SIM (when traveling to anther country, for example), will my old number still forward calls to my Skype number?

I know that if I enable call forwarding then turn on airplane mode it still works, but I am curious about if it will still do so if I remove the SIM.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

2. rigormortis, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

if you want your number to forward to Skype then you should call your original phone company and ask how to turn on call forwarding using dial codes like *90 408 555 1221 # or whatever it is. if you set up call forwarding
    on the iPhone itself. and then change sims, i don't know if that cancels out the call forward

if you are an AT&T customer and dial **21*1234567890# to forward your number to 123-456-7890 then
    remove the sim card. AT&T should keep that setting. each company has a different code # to dial. and the code numbers are different for regular call forwarding and voice mail call forwarding.