Forwarding ports on Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wako, Aug 18, 2009.

1. wako macrumors 65816

I am having a bit of trouble on forwarding ports with the Airport Extreme. With other routers it is EXTREMELY easy but it seems like Apple went out of its way to make the Airport routers incredibly harder to basic things with your router. I mean, we need a damn program just to configure the bugger!

ANYHOW, I cant get the ports to forward properly. So this is what I have done so far, I have reserved an IP address, 10.0.1.100, on my computer via MAC address. I goto the Port forwarding and I put 6112 (port I want forwarded) in all fields and put private IP the IP addy I reserved for my computer.

Saved and restarted the modem and no dice. Not working still. I also provided a screenshot of what I did as well.

Oh and another question I have is how do you open a port for ALL systems on the network? You have to do it individually? thats so lame...

Attached Files:

2. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

You have to chose a service, FTP, Apple Remote Desktop, Apple Event, etc in order for it to work. Otherwise it won't know what protocol to use. You can only use one private IP for each protocol, my guess is so the router knows which incoming service goes where. I wanted to screen share two computers on my network but I can only do one.