Forwarding text messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 19, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Here is my situation right now, I am going to purchase an iPhone 4 with a brand new AT&T account. I have a T-Mobile account with an unlocked iPhone 3G.

I am going to forward all of the calls from the T-Mobile number to the new AT&T phone number. I also want to forward text messages, is this possible, or am I stuck carrying around two iPhones? I plan to keep the T-Mobile for one more month and use the number alongside my new AT&T number, during a "transition period" with my phone.

There are many reasons why I choose to do it this way, rather than porting the entire phone number.

A. There are some people who I just don't want to hear from, so a new number is perfect. (Ex. Political phone calls come election time!)

B. I need a month so people can reach me at the new phone, and it gives me time to inform them, and allow me to purchase the iPhone 4 on launch day.

C. I have business calls from clients that know me by my number, If anyone knows how much T-Mobile's ETF is, I may just go ahead and port my number over., depending on situations, if anyone can offer another solution to stopping political calls etc.

2. twitchtwice macrumors member

i dont recall there being a fwd button option on my iphone, maybe something in ios4 will fix this? im sure someone will chime in with a good answer.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

There's only manual forwarding which I don't believe is what you're looking for. This would be a good example of when a Google Voice number would be useful.

4. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

Seriously, Google Voice would be perfect here.

5. Cambot macrumors regular

Text > message > edit > forward

That?

6. Moe UK macrumors regular

The OP is asking if he can forward his text messages from his T-Mobile number to his new iPhone. Unfortunately it is not possible to have a automatic forward for SMS from one number to another like you can with a voice divert.