Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hello all, sorry if this has been answered before. I searched the forum but didn't see anything. When I forward a text to non iphone people it forwards as a picture message for some reason. Is there is a reason behind this and a way to fix this? Even when I try and text a contact it comes up as blank too. What's up with this? Any ideas? Thanks!

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Hello all, sorry if this has been answered before. I searched the forum but didn't see anything. When I forward a text to non iphone people it forwards as a picture message for some reason. Is there is a reason behind this and a way to fix this? Even when I try and text a contact it comes up as blank too. What's up with this? Any ideas? Thanks!

you must have "Group Messaging" turned on...when someone sends a mass text to multiple people with group messaging on you will be able to reply all and see the phone numbers of everyone who recieved the text

Nocaster

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
you must have "Group Messaging" turned on...when someone sends a mass text to multiple people with group messaging on you will be able to reply all and see the phone numbers of everyone who recieved the text

Reply all?

I've yet to see that feature.

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the help guys. I turned off group messaging to see if that helps but all of my friends (non-iphone people) confirmed that whenever I send a text to them (in the form of a group message) or I forward an old text, it comes to them as a picture text. This is annoying. Perhaps I'll try calling AT&T and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.