Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisman9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
HI,
accessing web thru Safari, the "share" option worked when I was using Apple's Mail. But now that I use gmail, how do I share web content via my gmail account ? Ive yet to discover an intuitive way to 'add' gmail to Safari's "share" list. They obviously favor Mail, Airdrop, and their own systems, but include FB Twitter, etc, which I do not use. Thanks for your help

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
HI,
accessing web thru Safari, the "share" option worked when I was using Apple's Mail. But now that I use gmail, how do I share web content via my gmail account ? Ive yet to discover an intuitive way to 'add' gmail to Safari's "share" list. They obviously favor Mail, Airdrop, and their own systems, but include FB Twitter, etc, which I do not use. Thanks for your help
On iOS? On the right click more. One of the options will be gmail if you have the app installed.

chrisman9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
On iOS? On the right click more. One of the options will be gmail if you have the app installed.

to apple fanboy: Im running on 'El Capitan' (v10.11.6) two questions: what am I right clicking on? and, which 'app' are you referring to, and where would I find whether it's installed or not? Thanks for your help

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
to apple fanboy: Im running on 'El Capitan' (v10.11.6) two questions: what am I right clicking on? and, which 'app' are you referring to, and where would I find whether it's installed or not? Thanks for your help
Sorry I thought you were on iOS. On MacOS it’s different. Is Gmail set as your default mail account using Mac Mail?

chrisman9

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
Sorry I thought you were on iOS. On MacOS it’s different. Is Gmail set as your default mail account using Mac Mail?

to Apple fanboy: where would I look for the answer to your question? that, is, setting default-to-gmail in Mac Mail THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.