Forwards + Backwards Finder Gesture Gone?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rangen, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rangen macrumors regular

rangen

Prior to upgrading yesterday to Lion, on Snow Leopard using my Macbook Pro I was able to use a horizontal gesture to move back and forth between previous finder windows, however this feature seems no more. Is there a way to restore this, as it seriously disrupts my workflow?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've noticed this as well. Really annoying actually. If anyone knows how to restore this feature, it'd be great.

3. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

If you change your touch preferences back to using three fingers instead of two, it restores the old SL behaviour.

4. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

If you set the "Swipe between pages" gesture to "Swipe with 2 or 3 fingers", the nice animation in Safari is used and you can swipe to go back and forward in Finder and Chrome. The change alters "Swipe between full-screen apps" to "Swipe left or right with four fingers" and "Mission Control" to "Swipe up with four fingers".

5. rangen thread starter macrumors regular

rangen

6. vmachiel macrumors 68000

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Thank you so much! I was very disappointed and thought the feature was gone.

8. smoldik macrumors newbie

But If you enable Swipe between pages to Swipe with 2 or 3 fingers it automatically disables drag and drop with three fingers and you have to "click" instead of "tap" when you want to move a folder or copy text. :mad:

9. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

I accidentally did the three finger swipe in Finder and moved my movie directory in my pictures directory… Going to mess around with the preferences in order to get it right. Especially flicking through photos in iPhoto is something I'd like to do with the three-finger swipe.

10. windowstomac macrumors regular

I've also had to change prefs back to three fingers to make back and forward through pages in Chrome work again. Doesn't seem to have caused any great hardship though as I can still go through Spaces with 4 fingers...actually really liking the new spaces / mission control integration....