Forza 3 question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jabingla2810, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Ok so far I'm loving the racing but I can't get my head round car eligibility for the events.

Eg. Why can I use C and D class cars in an event that states it's for F class cars?!

It isn't explained in te instruction booklet or anywhere in the game!

What's stopping me using an overpowered car and making he game an absolute joke?

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

You shouldn't be able to use cars that are of a higher class than what the event asks for, but ONLY if the class is the main restriction of the event.

For example, the "SUV Road Test" event shows a C425 indicator in the bottom corner of the event banner. That is just a suggestion of what the AI competitors will be using. But, when you click the X button on the event to bring up the actual restrictions for the event, the only thing that is really restricted is that the car must be "Body style family limited to Sport Truck". That means that as long as the car you are using is a "Sport Truck", even if it has 800hp, as my S646 Porsche Cayenne did when I raced that event, it will be allowed. And yes, you will destroy the competition :D

Sounds like you were using cars that met the body style or drivetrain restrictions, but just with much higher performance than the event was intending. That will be allowed. But, the game WILL stop you in both the "Season Play" and "Event List" sections if you are using a car that doesn't meet restrictions.

3. jabingla2810 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for your reply :)

That makes sense; I can see that I am going to have to use some self discipline to make this game a bit more challenging!

4. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

You won't really have to worry about that. It will quickly ramp up the difficulty in the later events and seasons on its own.

The early races that you can do from the "Event List" or in "Season Play" are like the ones we were talking about earlier, where the body style or drivetrain is the only restriction. In those, yes, you will be able to totally abuse the competition and make short work of them. But, later events and season races have very strict class and horsepower restrictions. Those races will require much more precise tuning, and on harder difficulties, much more precise driving in order to win. Season 6, for example, is all R1 races, and the computer is BRUTALLY hard! So, enjoy the easy races now, because it gets plenty tough later.