Forza 3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by chadrob30, Oct 25, 2009.

1. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Any of you 360 owners foaming at the mouth for Forza 3? I can't wait...I actually do more with the customization of the cars then I do racing, lol...here are a few from Forza 2...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i was so into forza 2, and then i got a logitech G25 and played some grid and some GT5P

now forza seems kinda lame. Gran Turismo will whoop it

3. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

LOL, Gran Turismo 5 is vaporware. Oh, this was about Forza, not GT.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Gran Turismo 5 is coming out next year. So far the only confirmed date is in Japan, March.

I'm getting Forza 3 on Tuesday, but Gran Turismo will always be my favorite. *fanboyrant* Can't wait for GT5! Forza 3 doesn't seem as realistic as GT5, in both graphics and gameplay. Plus it almost has 1000 cars, versus the 400+ in Forza. When GT5 comes out I'm getting a new Logitech wheel, I can't wait :p.

But Forza 3 has Porsches... and GT doesn't...

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

tell me about it

hurry up already!

any idea on how much this game will cost?

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you really think so?

i heard its going to be a 3 disck package

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Amazon has it at pre-order, and with Amazon's "pre-order price guarantee" that's what you'll get charged. So yes, I'm sure that's the price. Forza 3 is two disks, btw.

9. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

LOL @ 1000 cars.....the thing with GT is it gives you 124 versions of the same car. I'd rather have 400 relatively unique cars than just hundreds of variations of a few cars....but anyway, I can already see this is going to be a "versus" thread, which is not what was intended. I'm out. Have fun guys. :rolleyes:

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I actually didn't think it was turning into a "versus" thread, it's more like a GT5 thread... so....

Let's stop that!

Back to Forza's topic. It's got a pretty good car and track list, but WHY SUVS?! They're pointless. I guess it would be a good way to show off the rollover feature ;).

Here's the car list: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ForzaMotorsport3/Carlist.aspx

And on launch, there will be a free classic car DLC pack with:

’65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA
    ’64 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage
    ’81 BMW M1
    ’60 Chevrolet Corvette
    ’69 Dodge Charger
    ’57 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
    ’80 Fiat 131 Abarth
    ’67 Lamborghini Miura P400
    ’71 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
    ’65 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe

Pretty good list.

11. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I'm yet to play it but one of mates (who has bought it) has nothing but good things to say about it. When i get some cash spear i might buy it.

12. neoserver macrumors 6502

Yeah, i'm totally pumped for Forza 3. Too bad I've got midterms this week or I'd grab it tomorrow and play the hell out of it...

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not interested in the visual personalisation of this at all. I know the series seems to rely heavily upon it but I'm more after the racing ;). That said someone painted on one of my characters on some car in Forza 2 which was kinda nice of them.

I'll have to see how the reviewers take to it.

14. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well... I've got a fever right now, and who knows, it could be this new flu that's been going around. Whatever, I'll stay home tomorrow and play Forza and Ratchet, I hope the UPS man comes early!

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I really wanted to finish Forza 2 in career mode before moving on to Forza 3; but that's probably not going to happen (I realised just how poor I am at setting up the cars.. I once downloaded the setup of the guy who had the fastest time for one track, and my race time went from about 9,000th to inside the top 1,000).

I have Forza 3 at home now, have yet to open the box knowing how much of my time it's going to take up! :)

16. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Forza 3 is really good!

I gave up on Forza 2 after a week, but Forza 3 is so much easier and nicer to play.. i haven't gone online yet.. just career mode (up to level 13 driver now).. but I can see me playing it for a good few months...

Ars has a review of it now too

I highly recommend this game for anyone who likes car racing!...

17. marzy macrumors member

Yeah this game looks great, I have been watching this game for some time now but I don't even have a 360 to play it on. :(

18. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

there's reason enough to get one then :)

19. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Just ordered a copy for myself. As far as the GT5 vs F3... both will be great.

GT5 Prologue has me disappointed. Still can't do burnouts properly, even in the F1 car.... It seems as if TCS is always on....even when off. Driving is still too predictable as well in both games.

20. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So I've been playing a lot today (I have been sick, so why not play some Forza and Ratchet & Clank all day?), and I'm happy with the game. I've got my own personal list of complaints, but this will be great to play while I wait the long, long wait for GT5.

Got some screenshots too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kind of weird screens, I was mostly playing with the camera options. Especially contrast...

And I tried to take a video, but the movie recorder is terrible.

21. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I've only played the demo but so far it looks great, especially when you turn on manual transmission and turn the easy mode stuff off.

22. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

So now I am VERY dissapointed with Forza 3 multiplayer settings...and
    the steering wheel layout choices. In forza 2 one could use the D-pad to
    view left and right to see where your competition was...now you can't do
    that. It's telemetry only. Damn that pisses me off.

Also, when creating a game, it can be only friends or invites that join,
    not the general public. What the hell!? Sorry, I don't like to join 3
    lap races only when friends aren't online and I have to join the general
    BS. I would LIKE to create a room with STOCK stock cars only, instead of
    trying to compete with people that have installed upgrades to their
    otherwise unstock car.... You don't even get a choice as to which room to join. Sorry Turn 10 Studios, but you went very far backwards this time with multiplayer rooms and the steering wheel.

23. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

After playing it for a couple of days, I have to admit I prefer Forza 2 by far over 3.

Pros:
    - In car view. Yummy.
    - New tracks. (Le Sarthe.. finally!)
    - Better menu organisation (easier to go from race-screen to upgrades to setup)

Cons:
    - Forza 2 rewards performance, Forza 3 rewards perseverence. Someone who tries a race several times and bounces off the barriers/cars and finishes last eventually gets the same rewards as someone who races it once superbly and wins..
    - No real sense of achievement in winning races/championships. In F2, you win new cars, in F3 just money/XP. In F3 you get cars just by driving over and over..
    - Having XP and credits just adds confusion.
    - No way to retire from a race or championship? (Unless I'm missing something). WTF? If you want to continue season play, you have to finish every lap of every race, no matter how dull.
    - Achievements for raising driver/car levels; but not for winning first race/championship?
    - In F3, a lot of info is hidden from you which was immediately accessible in F2. The starting grid. The finishing positions and times. Your race time ranking. As far as I can see, there's no way to view the championship standings after the final race. :eek:
    - In the Setup screens, the text is tiiiny. And it auto-scrolls; making it more difficult to read. You can try to stop it by holding the thumbstick, but it keeps jumping. And the background is transparent, so sometimes you're trying to read tiny, moving, white text on a white background.. :rolleyes:

It certainly seems to me they've tried to dumb the game down quite a bit; not deter the gamer by showing them poor results but just keep them moving onto the next race, and rewarding them if they keep doing so. In F2 there was a real sense of achievement when you won the race, then the championship, then all championships in the series.

24. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Oh also, why isn't there qualifying? That's half of the race experience! Damnit Turn 10........

The view is also a disaster. Most people's field of vision is somewhat close to almost 180º. Sure you can't see well in the extreme ends, but you can at least detect movement. It seems the field of vision in Forza 3 is still VERY small. (Almost seems like its 90º at times) Hmm, I just might have to sell F3 and go back to F2 in which I have close to 20million credits...

25. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

:p Very good point. Admittedly, F2 didn't have it either; but that's no reason not to include it. Or at the very least, some warmup laps; so you can learn the circuit.

I don't know if it's any better in other games, but it can be a problem. If you have no peripheral vision, then you have to turn in early to corners in order to keep the apex within sight; thus running wide on the exit. No wonder my laps look so amateurish in the replays, in comparison to the 'bots'.