Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
could i have either this or this (or both!) in the native resolution? it won't fit my monitor but i'll deal with it:)

thanks
Done and done. :)

I do really like that car in this game. I should take some more pics of it one of these days, but I'm so sucked into the career mode right now, it's hard to pull myself away. Soon though, I will.

Click for 720p
bmw135i3.jpg

bmw135i1.jpg

gr3nade

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2008
a few of my creations..

my bell & ross themed range rover,

4073319869_ffb327bebc_o.jpg

still needs a bit of work, but its getting there.

that watch face alone took a few hours to create :)

and here is an Alfa Romeo Giulia, with Paul Smith themed paint job...

4078328281_113721ed57_o.jpg

i also have some great ideas for mac themed cars!

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
Done and done. :)

I do really like that car in this game. I should take some more pics of it one of these days, but I'm so sucked into the career mode right now, it's hard to pull myself away. Soon though, I will.

Click for 720p
<pic>
<pic>

thank you! i'll probably switch off between those for a while. and yeah, Forza 3 and Modern Warefare 2 are two games i plan on getting eventually. i had Forza 2 and played that a lot but then i stopped one day and never really played again, but now that i can drive i'm a lot more interested in cars so i'll give it a whirl.

/personal experience. hahah.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
OK, first off, my thread has over 1,000 views!! WOW!! :D

Now, on to some pics. I haven't been taking many lately, because I'm back pounding my way through the career Season Play mode. But, I did snap a couple of my AWESOME Subaru 22B. In my opinion, if you want a totally dominating A-Class car, this is the one. Anyway, here are a couple pics. Maybe more later today, if I have time...

Subaru Impreza 22B jumping at Rally di Positano
jump1t.jpg

Subaru Impreza 22B getting a little ambitious with the curbs at Sunset Speedway (I saved it after this, btw :) )
hydros.jpg

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
This is the first time I have played FM. I really like it. As you see in one of my pics, the brakes turning red when used a lot( to simulate the heat) is a really nice touch IMHO.

Here is my 2010 Camaro SS putting out 875 HP. :D

forza.jpg

forza3b.jpg

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
As you see in one of my pics, the brakes turning red when used a lot( to simulate the heat) is a really nice touch IMHO.
They really fixed that feature in FM3. In FM2, the brakes would light up all the time, no matter how hard or light you hit them. Neat effect, but poorly implemented. Now though, in FM3, they still light up, but only really when braking from high speeds and much less pronounced. Still not perfect, but much better than it was.

Also, the Camaro is awesome in this game. Mine is sort of the opposite of yours. I put most of the work into handling related items, with very little going towards horsepower. It is currently rated at A600 and is a pretty decent A-class car. The Suby I posted in my recent pics is a bit better on most circuits, but the Camaro will hold its own, that's for sure.

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
not bad, the game looks pretty good save for the lack of textures used on the actual tarmac,

cant wait for GT5 to kick it's tush though lol

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Also, the Camaro is awesome in this game. Mine is sort of the opposite of yours. I put most of the work into handling related items, with very little going towards horsepower. It is currently rated at A600 and is a pretty decent A-class car. The Suby I posted in my recent pics is a bit better on most circuits, but the Camaro will hold its own, that's for sure.

With that much HP, I needed to put in the handling upgrades too. :p Racing tire compound, widest tire possible, best brakes, best springs, etc. So it still turns around the bend pretty well. Traction is still a problem though. Also have to brake sooner then usual. :eek: I got it up to 220 MPH on the straight away on the Le Mans track. Right now the Camaro is in between S700 and R3726 depending on the mods I install on it( lighter rims and the front and rear spoilers).

Here is a pic of it airborne.

forza5a.jpg

So far only the 135i is the only import( that I use. I have the cars I get from going a driver level up, but I am going to sell them with the exception of the M5 and Ferrari California) in my garage. The rest is Z06, the Ford Fiesta that was my first car, and a Pontiac G8 GXP putting out 765 HP from the Twin Turbo LS9. :D

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
not bad, the game looks pretty good save for the lack of textures used on the actual tarmac
Yes, because the quality of track surface texture is really a concern in a game where you're traveling over 100mph for a majority of the time. :rolleyes:
cant wait for GT5 to kick it's tush though lol
I will be getting GT5, whenever it happens to come out. And graphically, there is no doubt in my mind that GT5 will be superior. But, I don't buy racing games for the graphics. I buy them to have fun racing. And Forza is a very fun game, IMHO. It's been a LONG time since I've had fun playing a Gran Turismo.
I have the cars I get from going a driver level up, but I am going to sell them with the exception of the M5 and Ferrari California
You might as well keep them. All of the cars that the game gifts to you for each level reward only have a value of 100CR. And to be honest, I can't say that I've been real hard up for cash in that game, so selling them never really crossed my mind regardless. But, just thought you'd like to know that.

Now, back to what the thread is REALLY about... pictures of Forza 3. I still haven't had time to work on the stitching thing yet, but I did take a few more pics of some of my cars...

BMW M3 GT2 at the Nürburgring
bmwm3gt21.jpg

BMW M3 GT2 at the Nürburgring
bmwm3gt22.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS at Mugello
camaross1.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS at Mugello
camaross2.jpg

Lamborghini Reventon at Silverstone
lamboreventon1.jpg

lamboreventon3.jpg

lamboreventon2.jpg

Mine's Skyline GT-R at Fujimi Kaido
minesskyline1.jpg

Mine's Skyline GT-R at Fujimi Kaido
minesskyline2.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 at Le Mans
porsche911gt11.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 at Le Mans (I really like how this one turned out)
porsche911gt12.jpg

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I finally got some time to attempt the "stitching" technique that people are using to create some great images. These two are just my first tries. After giving it a shot, and seeing that it really isn't a huge pain in the ass like I thought it would be, I'm certainly going to try some more.

The only problem I found was that at some point when creating the images, the game just slightly lightens the outer few rows of pixels. Normally, when viewing a single image, that wouldn't be a big deal. But, when you are trying to line up a handful of them, the seam between images then becomes very apparent. Look carefully at my second image, and you'll see what I mean. Though, this really only shows itself if you look really closely at the full size image. When scaled down, the compression and seaming disappear and things looks great. Anyway, here they are...

Click to HUGE-size

C6 ZR1 at Camino Viejo [1600 x 596]
stitch2.png

C6 ZR1 at Camino Viejo [3000 x 1200]
stitch1k.png

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Much better than single images, how many pictures did you use?
The first one was just one row of 3. The second one was two rows of 3, or 6 images. On the second one, I cropped them just slightly to get rid of the bright outline, and that worked much better. The merging of multiple pics is no big deal. Now it is just a matter of getting the technique for taking the pictures down better. But yes, they turned out pretty good for a first try.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
You elitist having the VIP pack with the ZR1. GRRR..... :p
I had to get it. If the VIP cars were ones you had to download, that would be one thing. But, they are actually ON THE DISC, so if you don't have VIP, they just sit there, locked, taunting you. That would really bug me. But, I've already received like 6 cars from Turn 10 for being VIP, all of which are pretty awesome. So, I don't usually get "Collector's Edition" versions of games, but this one was TOTALLY worth it.

Now, on to my pics for tonight. And BOY are they awesome. I learned a bit yesterday about the tweaks needed to get good stitched images. And, I think it really paid off. I went for a more Classic feel with my car choices tonight. The Cobra turned out well beyond my expectations. Make sure you look at it full-size and check the all the reflections in the chrome, and all the details in the wheels and whatnot. Really amazing. Have a look...

Click to HUGE-size

Mercedes 300SL Gullwing at Amalfi Coast [1750 x 620] {2 image}
stitchsl1.png

Mercedes 300SL Gullwing at Amalfi Coast [2500 x 1100] {6 image}
stitchsl2.png

Jaguar E-Type at Camino Viejo [2000 x 600] {2 image}
stitchetype1.png

Shelby Cobra 427 at New York [4000 x 1235] {8 image} :eek:
stitchcobra1.png

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Well, I finally got back to play some Forza today. I was super close to Level 50 just before Modern Warfare 2 came out. That game, and Left 4 Dead 2 have been occupying all my play time recently. But I needed a break from those, so I popped FM3 in today to get some Season Play done, and take some pics. Nothing crazy, but this one turned out pretty good I think. I have a pretty good handle on the "stitching" thing now, and can get decent results.

Click to HUGE-size

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 at Maple Valley [3000 x 1150] {6 image}
veyronstitch1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.