Fossil iPad case pictures

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by billyripkin, Apr 21, 2010.

1. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

That looks good.

Is that the dark brown or the cognac? Tough to tell with the photos in the bright sun.

3. ThoseBackPages macrumors regular

4. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Looks great, but not sure about those hard metal buttons.

If you insert iPad with the glass facing the buttons and then drop the case face down on a table, the buttons will concentrate the impact into a tiny area of the glass screen.

Same if you squeeze it into (say) a laptop bag or luggage and that bag is then compressed or receives a sideways impact.

Better to face the glass away from the buttons.

6. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Your correct that I should keep them away from the metal buttons but the good news is that they are between a leather layer which prevents it directly pushing on the iPad. You can see on the top flap how the button is not seen from the backside.

7. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

This one is dark brown. I saw all three and decided that I liked that one the best.

8. anirudh macrumors 6502

Got the exact same one and love it! Worth every buck :) covered the back of my iPad with bestskinsever and keep it in the fossil case. The perfect combo!

9. sadsack macrumors member

looks brilliant. How do you find typing on it without the angle of a apple case?

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I got their catalog the other day and saw this. I wish I cared for the cases that required you to take the iPad out, they have some nice ones.

11. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Wow, what a beautiful case, very stylish!

How much room is there in the actual compartment for the device, is it a pretty tight squeeze?

I ask because I would consider one of these cases, but also have the Belkin Grip Vue which adds a little more padding all around the device.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

12. anirudh macrumors 6502

The iPad is a VERY snug fit inside fit. Definitely no room for an extra case. I think it would be overkill anyway!

The only 'gripe' I have about this sleeve is the FOSSIL logo. Wish it would have been bigger and more prominent instead of a small logo on the top button.

Anyone know some good satchels to carry the iPad around? Not the expensive ones. Something around 100-150.

13. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

You want a bigger logo?? This is the first time I've ever heard someone say that about a case

14. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Aesthetically, this looks like the perfect case for me. Simple.

I don't know if I would be bugged by the tie closure though.

15. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

That's my concern as well. Not sure about that closure. My local Fossil store is holding one for me. I'm going to go by after work and check it out.

16. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I bought this case and it is even more gorgeous in person. The closure is as complicated as you want it to be. If you wind it around a whole bunch, you have to unwind it a bunch. I personally give it a simple once around and it is very secure and easier than a latch (and quieter than velcro). I think it is perfect and wouldn't want the closure any other way.

17. barnetda macrumors regular

Thanks very much for the photos etc.

I went to my Fossil store and bought one. Really nice quality and perfect fit.

18. MicroByte macrumors 6502

I'm going to have to check out this case, I really like the look. I'm looking at my Belkin grip vue and it doesn't appear to add too much to the overall case, so I'll have to see in person.

Another question I have is about the material in the pocket. Is it soft or see it would potentially scratch the iPad?

19. anirudh macrumors 6502

It's some kind of a suede.

And about the logo, I don't Ming having fossil engraved in leather... Not too flashy, just a subtle statement. Otherwise, it just looks like something you would pick up from eBay, wouldn't it!

20. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I picked up this case last night. It's a very nice case with a microsuede lining. It's a tight squeeze putting in the iPad but the leather will stretch after a bit.

Well worth the $39.99.

21. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

Man I wish it came in black. All my other cases, binders, backpack, etc is black. :(. The dark brown is sure tempting. My wife may not notice the 40 bucks lol.

22. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

There's a "Navy" colored one that looks more like light black than any sort of blue.

23. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

What's interesting is that their blog site describes the three available colors one of them being black. But the product site describes it as navy. I sent them an email asking for clarification.

Did you see this navy color in person? Light black might be ok. I'll just put a lot of conditioner to make it darker lol.

24. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

I saw a picture of it. While most leather that is "black" is pretty JET black, this seemed like a slightly off-black hue. I think it looks much better than a jet black color, actually.

25. billyripkin thread starter macrumors 6502

billyripkin

I have the same Belkin case as well and it does NOT fit with this case. Only fits naked.