FotC on HBO FTW!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rower_CPU, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I haven't heard their music before, but I am looking forward to the show's premier on Sunday. From the commercials I've seen it looks like it is going to be hilarious. I should give their music a listen; what would you recommend?

I heard it is only supposed to be a 12 episode mini-series, but maybe if it does well enough they will make a real series out of it? I need more TV shows to watch. Right now it's Big Love and John From Cincinnati.

3. Rower_CPU thread starter Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

If you listen to only one song of their you have to go with "Business Time" - very funky and silly.

You can check out a bunch of tracks from their HBO One Night Stand appearance and other miscellaneous place at http://www.conchords.net/audio/.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Hahaha, Business Time is hilarious. I need to listen to more of their stuff for sure. If this is any indication of what the show is going to be like, then I will probably absolutely love it.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

i have to say the show is great - its like Tenacious D only with better music, more intelligent and subtle humor, and the huge bonus of not having to listen to Jack Black.

6. Rower_CPU thread starter Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm really enjoying it as well. I wasn't sure how they were going to incorporate the music when I first heard about the show, and I have to say I'm loving the music video-esque approach interwoven with the story line.

I'm digging the new material, too - "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room", "I'm Not Crying", "Inner City Pressure". :D

7. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Well well well, look who turned up in Flight of the Conchords episode 6.

Anyway, it was John Hodgman aka PC guy.

8. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

the only thing from HBO i've watched is curb, and my god am i in love with it, and if i loved larry david any more, i would have to consider my self gay.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Curb FTW. September 1. New season.