Found a great deal on protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by St8kout, Jun 24, 2010.

1. St8kout macrumors regular

All the invisible shields are the same regardless of where you buy them, and they really do work, so get one. Cheap insurance against scratches.

At Zaggs site, if you sign up you will get a 50% off coupon good for any 1 time order until the end of the month. I ordered the full body protection. I would really like the leather backing they sell but they dont have any yet for the iphone so the shields will do for now. It looks like they are even easier to apply since this model doesnt have the rounded sides.

2. Gxray macrumors member

I stopped reading there.

3. St8kout thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe you missread it. They ALL use the same material. Period. No ands, if, or buts.

They might use different cutouts, layouts, whatever, but the actual screen material is the same. I even saw one report where you can buy a bulk roll of the stuff from china and do your own cutouts.

4. irich25 macrumors regular

and different quality

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Fortunately for me, I know this is not true. Some of the cheaper companies may use the same product, but I know for a fact that Ghost Armor, Invisible Shield, and Wrapsol are distinctly different from each other and they each have their own properties. They may all be of similar composition, but they are not exactly the same.

Ghost Armor has a more blue hue/tint and is very clear, but will not stay on as long as Invisible Shield or Wrapsol.

Invisible Shield has no hue or coloring to it and has "dimples" in it, which make it less clear than Ghost Armor or Wrapsol. Invisible Shield has shown to yellow over time, wheras Ghost Armor and Wrapsol do not.

Wrapsol has no hue or coloring to it either, has no dimples or distortion of view sans the matte original (which only occurs on the back of the phone), has proven not to yellow either and lasts much longer than both Invisible Shield or Ghost Armor. Wrapsol Ultra is dry application, whereas Wrapsol original, Ghost Armor, and Invisible Shield are all wet-applied.

They may all be the same type of material, but they are not all made from the same place. Each have their pros and cons.