found a harmless bug ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rikers_mailbox, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

... can someone else try it? Here's what to do.

1. Go into the camera
    2. From the camera, go to your photo library
    3. Select a picture that was taken in landscape
    4. Rotate iPhone so you're viewing the picture in landscape
    5. while *still* holding the phone in landscape, touch the screen to bring up the controls and touch the camera button to go BACK to the camera.
    6. More times then not, going back to the camera like this will cause the display to split. Still takes pictures okay, but the camera display will be cut in two. Harmless but odd none-the-less.

Have fun.

2. FunkyJunk macrumors regular

FunkyJunk

Yep, I was able to replicate it. You should add this to the bug list thread.

3. rikers_mailbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

good idea. where is that?

edit: nevermind. posted to the iPhone bugs sticky

4. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've found one too.

Open up a previous SMS conversation, preferably one with quite a few msgs in it. Then bring the keyboard up as if you're about to reply.

Now, flick your finger upwards (quite hard) on the last message bubble to scroll, and mine sticks, every time.

Anyone else?

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I was unable to replicate it on my iphone. Wonder if i just didnt try enough or not all phones are affected by this one.

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (my iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I can duplicate the split screen bug on my iPhone. I can't duplicate the SMS one, though.

7. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

With the SMS one, you have to scroll upwards very fast, so that the last bubble just about goes off the screen. So place your finger right at the bottom of the last bubble

EDIT: What you actually have to do is have an SMS session that has a number of messages in it. Start a reply to bring up the keyboard. Then, place your finger at the bottom of the last bubble, and first scroll down right to the bottom of the screen (without releasing your finger, as if using a catapult!), then very quickly/sharply, scroll up towards the top of the screen - it should stick.