Found a important bug on Siri

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by brianlhp, Jun 13, 2014.

1. brianlhp macrumors newbie

Hey guys I don't know is that too late(maybe someone had talk about before)
    I just found a very important bug on Siri. When u lock ur phone, u call Siri to search something, u click on "bing" under the results, Siri will bring u to safari! The point is, u can press home button to back to ur home screen without any password typing! So it's a easy way to pass the lock!!

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I have almost everything disabled on lock screen for this reason...

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Asks for my password.

Are you sure you're not within your passcode lockout period?

4. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

This.

And why would you bother reporting this on a fan site? Report the bug to Apple themselves.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, usually people just don't realize they are still within the period of time that their phone is still unlocked.

6. mattyu007 macrumors member

mattyu007

If you're using an iPhone 5s, your phone was most likely unlocked by Touch ID when you held your finger down on the home button to activate Siri from the lock screen (even if the unlock animation never played).

7. I7guy macrumors G5

In the ops original post op states: "when u lock ur phone", so op is saying the phone is locked.

I disabled SIRI, and I don't feel like mucking with the settings. Has anybody who has SIRI enabled on the lock screen able to verify this?

Of course it could be the single press and unlock motion, but what if the home button was pressed on a finger not programmed into touch id?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Often when people say lock your phone that means they turned the screen off (using the lock/sleep button on top), they don't necessarily mean that he lock period for their passcode to become active has passed and the phone is locked in the sense of requiring a passcode. That's not to say that's always the case, but more often than not that's what it usually refers to.

As for verifying this, it seems like a poster in the second reply mentioned that he/she couldn't reproduce it and was asked for the passcode.