Found a iPhone 3GS but I dont care for it

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PASSNBY, Nov 4, 2010.

1. PASSNBY macrumors newbie

Hi ive just joined to get some help to see if theres a way of getting passed that bypass code on iphones. Ive found a 3GS phone but im a samsung guy and have a Galaxy S so really I have no need or want this phone to tell you the truth. If i hand it into the cops I know one of them will just get so stuff that for a idea but im guessing one of the numbers in this phone must say "home" or mum or dad or something on it. Strange this is ive lost phones before and always said good luck to whoever finds it but i really want to return this phone and im being honest...

2. PASSNBY thread starter macrumors newbie

did you even read my post LOL the cops here are worse than the mafia, when I was young and stupid we smoke to smoke weed and when we got caught by the cops they would take it off us but we never heard from them again, what do you think there going to do with a iphone dude lol

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's not your problem, is it now?

4. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

too bad its not a iphone 4 were you can bypass the lock screen

5. PASSNBY thread starter macrumors newbie

Well im just trying to do the right thing here if im not going to get help i can just chuck it in the bin im only trying to return it to the owner...

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is the internet. For all we know you stole it and are trying to bypass the lock screen. If you are serious about getting it back, the best way is to let the authorities handle it. If you choose not to do this, it's unlikely anyone will spend any more time trying to convince you.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Slide to unlock, tap Emergency Call. Enter '####", hit call, and immediately hit the lock button. It should kick you into the Phone application. Tap Contacts on the bottom and voila.

Works on my 3GS (4.0.1) and both of my 4s (one on 4.0.1 and the other on 4.1). Not sure why 'iMaconApple' thinks it only works with the 4.

This method should please the 'you're trying to steal it' posters- you can go into the phone app and nothing else. All you can do is look at the contacts and make calls.

8. PASSNBY thread starter macrumors newbie

Mate there should be more members like you on this forum, her name is Caroline and she was almost in tears lol we are meeting up now so i give it back to her..THANK YOU

9. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

You could take it to an Apple Store if the police are really that bad where you live.

10. STC macrumors 6502a

Youre a good man!

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should get her digits:D
    lol