Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I am not currently in the upgrade program. I just want to confirm that I can begin an upgrade account. I don't want to drive 90 minutes to find out you have to be a current upgrade customer. The wording is not explicit on the instructions.

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
If you can make a reservation, you can buy it. If it expected you to be already part of the program it would have asked for your phones current serial number.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I am not currently in the upgrade program. I just want to confirm that I can begin an upgrade account. I don't want to drive 90 minutes to find out you have to be a current upgrade customer. The wording is not explicit on the instructions.

It will allow you to get the credit check online when you're signing up for the first time. If it lets you pick then you're in.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Should I be worried to confirm they have the phone and call ahead to confirm? I've read stores of people leaving empty handed with reservations.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Should I be worried to confirm they have the phone and call ahead to confirm? I've read stores of people leaving empty handed with reservations.

If you have a reservation then there is a phone waiting for you. What store?

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
It doesn't come up when you just do a reservation
You can't sign up online for an in store reservation. You are doing everything right. Just make the reservation and go. They will have the phone. Those stories were first day mix ups when there were thousands of reservations. A few probably slipped through the cracks. Now you'll be fine. Just go and get it and enjoy!

Reactions: npolly0212

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
You can't sign up online for an in store reservation. You are doing everything right. Just make the reservation and go. They will have the phone. Those stories were first day mix ups when there were thousands of reservations. A few probably slipped through the cracks. Now you'll be fine. Just go and get it and enjoy!

Thanks guys. It's on the other side of town in LA traffic. UG!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.