iPhone Found a quick fix for the iPhone5/5c/5s camera icon tap registration problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Menneisyys2, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Menneisyys2, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

As has been reported in the forum pretty widely (see for example THIS), on JB'n iOS7 iPhone 5 devices (and, possibly, other models too), the uppermost icons (HDR, flash, camera change) are pretty insensitive and, for most of the time, they only register taps after several attempts.

Fortunately, this is very easy to fix. As the coordinate system of the camera app seems to be moved down a bit, not only the upper part of the camera swap icon is clipped, but also the tap registration area has been moved considerably lower. The following image shows (see the red area at the top) where you should tap - instead of directly tapping the icons:

[​IMG]

If you keep tapping there, your taps will be registered almost all the time.

2. Menneisyys2 thread starter macrumors 603

Confirmed: the iPhone 5s is also affected and the quick fix works with it too.

(This means the 5c and the iPod touch 5G may also be affected. I'm not sure about iPhones with 3:2 screens: the 4 and the 4S.)

3. 007p macrumors 6502a

Could it have any thing to do with the status bar not disappearing?

Be interesting to compare how it's like to a non-jailbroken phone?

4. Menneisyys2 thread starter macrumors 603

No such problems on non-JB'n iOS 704 devices

5. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Forgive my ignorance. Is this just a glitch with the jailbreak? Can it be fixed through Cydia or possibly another jailbreak? Or is this just something we jailbreakers will have to learn to live with?

It's not a big deal for me either way but I'm just wondering.

6. Menneisyys2 thread starter macrumors 603

Yes, a JB problem. Have just re-tested it with my just-restored and just-reJB'n iPhone 5, JB'n with the 1.0.1 tool and installing the latest Cydia version, having no other tweaks on my iPhone 5.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

it should be fixable through a patch over cydia, later down the line. there's other stuff that need to be fixed that take priority (mobilesubstrate for example :p)

8. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Agreed! I would much rather see that the most attention as well!