Found a second weather app I never installed.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AddisonIII, Oct 26, 2015.

1. AddisonIII macrumors regular

Tonight while looking into settings and and checking out location services I found there are 2 weather apps listed. The first one is the weather channel which I have had and expected to see. The second one was at the bottom of the list and I'm puzzled where it came from. There is no name associated with it, and when searching my apps I can't find a listing for it. There doesn't seem to be any way of removing it which is why I'm looking for help.
    I went to the App Store hoping to find an app icon that matched thinking that might lead to a way of deleting it but no luck. I took a screen shot but have no clue how to post it.

Attached Files:

2. jdogg836, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

Umm, it's built into the iOS Device. That's Apple's weather app.

3. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Does that also hold true when it comes to my iPad Air2 ? This is the first I have ever noticed it.

4. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

Edited my post to reflect ALL iOS devices. It's Apple's own Weather App. It cannot be uninstalled and is normal.

5. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Can the app be used to check your local weather? on ipad or isn't it functional? Just wanting to know how to use it.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

If I recall correctly, in the case of the iPad it's not an actual separate app, it's just a service that's there mainly to provide weather information in the Today section of the Notification Center. The location services control you see is to control that functionality, not a separate app.

7. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for clarification .