found a way to get ilife 06 off tiger osx disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by flir67, Oct 29, 2007.

1. flir67 macrumors 6502

took me a while and had to remember back when people did this for frontrow.

take your mac install discs, yes 1 and 2 get them ready next to you, you'll need both.

1. go download "pacifist" program. it reads the packages off the install disc and lets you exact them. (already updated for leopard also) use google to find it.

2.once downloaded and installed, insert disc one of your mac install disc1 and choose "open install disc" from pacifist ,it will take some time and make sure you let it read BOTH disc1 and disc2. as the ilfe is on disc2 but you can't see it. BE patient it has to read all of the disc of each dvd.

3.onces that finishes reading and the menu pops up. go to the last package "bundled software" click the side arrow to expand the menu system. down about half way you will see each individual package. "iphoto, idvd,iwork trial edition,imoviehd, etc.

choose each one , they are big again about 1-2 gigs each and choose exact , a location and go. it will ask again for you insert disc 2

4. once finished, search through each app type and choose the main app and drag to your applications .

I created a folder in documents called "ilife06" and dropped the rest of the garage loops,idvd themes,etc in it.

test and run it. create shortcuts to the dock

enjoy...

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Or insert disk 1 and click the big icon called "Install Bundled Software".

3. flir67 thread starter macrumors 6502

that didn't work when I tried it on my same machine with leopard. but if thats true KEWL....

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It certainly worked on mine, what error did you get?

5. flir67 thread starter macrumors 6502

actually your right, sorry, I had my mac mini software in instead of my macbook software. 2 hours trying to figure that out only to figure out it was the wrong disc.

the error was actually "this software can't be installed on this system with a exclaimation point on the hd"

sorry again, thats one of those smack myself in the forehead mistakes,

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Dare I say you found a Windows solution to a Mac problem? :p

7. rayguy75 macrumors newbie

Can "install bundled apps" install ONLY iphoto 6?

Sounds like pacifist is the way to go....but I only want to install iphoto 6 and garage band. Nothing else. Will the pacifist drag n drop work?

R

8. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

sorry just to be clear, if I do an erase and install then once leopard is up and running I put my tiger disc back in and 'install bundled software' I will have all my programs and a factory fresh computer?

thanks

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have no idea about using Pacifist, but the Install Bundled Software method will let you select which apps to install (I only installed iPhoto as it's the only one I use).

10. flir67 thread starter macrumors 6502

if you have the orginal install disc for the machine your using then yes click install "bundled software" and then click on customize and choose only ilife products. after it installs run update it will grab the updates and install them for ilife 06. enjoy

pacifist is a very nice program, people used it back when everyone wanted frontrow and only had the g4 macs and not intel chips.

best of luck