Found an iPhone 6 plus in stock, but have an issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billm0066, Sep 22, 2014.

1. billm0066 macrumors member

I was on Apple.com and saw a local store had the 64gb plus in silver through Verizon available. I went through the motions of putting in all my info. Number, billing zip code, and the last four of the SSN. It then asked for the billing password to check from upgrade eligibility. It kept saying wrong password, even though I can log in to VZW with that password no problem.

I received the email from Apple with my confirmation number and I need to complete my order. The issue is I am locked out of checking my upgrade eligibility now and I can't check for an hour.

Is that phone being reserved for me at that store, or does that not happen until I pay for it? I checked stock again and all local stores are out now.

I am not using an upgrade. I want to pay in full for the phone. How does that work on their site?

2. mac.cali macrumors 65816

3. SethStryker macrumors newbie

The billing password is different than the password you use to log in to the Verizon site. Call Verizon customer service and they can help you out.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I didn't get my confirmation until I paid. However, I was using an upgrade.

It seems that if you got a confirmation number it should be held for you. If you aren't using an upgrade

5. billm0066 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I have no idea what it is so I'm on hold now.

6. D33170 macrumors newbie

This happened to me as well. After hrs being on hold with verizon, rep told me the pw field on the apple site only allows 5 characters of ur pw. So just enter the 5 characters and should work

7. shaunmed macrumors regular

where did you find the phone? i'll go down there and check it out for you.

8. billm0066 thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to hug you. My wife is the owner of the account and I cant get the password since I'm only an account manager. The first 5 characters worked. Thanks!

Southpoint in Durham. I was able to get through but it's only offering shipping now so they didn't hold the phone for me. Oh well.