Found another SE issue - no notification sounds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radiohead14, Apr 3, 2016.

1. radiohead14, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

Yes, "Do not disturb" is off, switch set to Ringer, the volume is way up, and I've checked every single audio tone for each notification setting. It's not the speaker as Youtube and music come through fine. The phone just doesn't want to sound off any notification sounds. Anyone else having this issue? I read some pretty recent issues with 6S owners also having the same, but it sounds like it's not widespread. Between this, the yellow screen, and the rattle sounds.. I am quickly having a bad experience with modern iPhones.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. troy14 macrumors 6502a

There was a similar thread to this a few days ago, turns out IIRC that the OP had an Apple Watch (although I would assume any smartwatch paired would be the same) paired with the device. It's supposed to go to the Watch instead of the phone. Do you?

4. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hi, yes the switch is def set to Ringer.

i don't have a Watch, but someone who had this issue before mentioned that it could be something about Airplay and bluetooth related. reading up about it now.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

iOS bug, not an SE issue.

Been around since some time in iOS 8+ I believe.

6. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea that's what i read. how come it's not widespread tho? i haven't even downloaded many apps yet (just gmail, youtube, and swiftkey) to mine, so it's still factory fresh.