Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
Yes, "Do not disturb" is off, switch set to Ringer, the volume is way up, and I've checked every single audio tone for each notification setting. It's not the speaker as Youtube and music come through fine. The phone just doesn't want to sound off any notification sounds. Anyone else having this issue? I read some pretty recent issues with 6S owners also having the same, but it sounds like it's not widespread. Between this, the yellow screen, and the rattle sounds.. I am quickly having a bad experience with modern iPhones.

Last edited:

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
There was a similar thread to this a few days ago, turns out IIRC that the OP had an Apple Watch (although I would assume any smartwatch paired would be the same) paired with the device. It's supposed to go to the Watch instead of the phone. Do you?

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
Silent switch... You've not mentioned that

hi, yes the switch is def set to Ringer.

There was a similar thread to this a few days ago, turns out IIRC that the OP had an Apple Watch (although I would assume any smartwatch paired would be the same) paired with the device. It's supposed to go to the Watch instead of the phone. Do you?

i don't have a Watch, but someone who had this issue before mentioned that it could be something about Airplay and bluetooth related. reading up about it now.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
iOS bug, not an SE issue.

Been around since some time in iOS 8+ I believe.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
iOS bug, not an SE issue.

Been around since some time in iOS 8+ I believe.

yea that's what i read. how come it's not widespread tho? i haven't even downloaded many apps yet (just gmail, youtube, and swiftkey) to mine, so it's still factory fresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.