Found: Apple 24" Cinema Display extension cable

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by scouser75, Dec 16, 2009.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

2. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

Can you deal with a bit shorter cable?

I ask as monoprice.com has a 6ft (here; ~2.0m version) available for $8.40USD (~5.20GBP, from xe.com's conversion). It might work out to be less expensive, depending on S/H charges. (Figuring 5.2GBP * 1.20 for GST tax). I've no idea if there's other taxes associated with it (i.e. local or added tech tax, as there is in Australia).

I'm not sure if they'll ship internationally, but I put in an email request for that very information (thought it could be usefull for non US based MR members ;)).

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey Nanofrog, long time no see. Hope all is well :)

Thanks for the info. I did think about monoprice but was just put off by the whole USofA ordering thing. But at those sort of prices I guess it has to be worth it.

Any ideas as to the quality of the their product?

5. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I have a couple of the 6' Monoprice cables and the quality is fine. You wouldn't know they weren't Apple products.

6. 09iMac=Fail macrumors regular

No problems here with monoprice. Have purchased lots of various video cables from them. Quality is great!

7. 09iMac=Fail macrumors regular

For future reference, http://www.bluejeanscable.com is also great for audio/video stuff as well. I'd say a step up from monoprice, but they have less computer type cables. No mac proprietary stuff last time I checked.

Those are the 2 places I look first for cables.

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

You must have been in different threads then... :D :p

As per the quality, I've not used their products myself, but those that have, haven't posted any issues IIRC. :) And cables are super simple anyway. ;) :p

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Monoprice had the extension cable for the mini display port for more than 8 months now. ;)

10. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

11. nanofrog macrumors G4

I just received an email response from Monoprice, and unfortunately, they don't ship to the UK. :(

12. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

The last time one of my displays was in for repair. Apple gave me a 24" LED ACD as a loaner. Being in a room with no windows the gloss didn't bother me and with the right calibration I could see these being a good choice. But the cable length was almost an inexcusable oversight on Apple's part. It's good to see other companies stepping up to provide a fix for this.