Found cheap Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mesq, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mesq macrumors member

Hi there,

I have found somewhere offering new (unopened box) base mbp 13in for $830 (US equivalent)

While I have been waiting for Arrandale for a few months I feel like this offer is too good to pass up... Will save me a fair bit of cash and while I will use the mbp for high end audio, I don't think the new architecture is worth the extra money to me...

What do you guys think? Is this a good price for base mbp 13?

This seems like a dumb post but I just don't know what I should do ... I'm fairly sure the current MBP should meet my needs...

2. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Meet up with them in person and pay cash.

Otherwise, scam.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Face to face interaction at the least, exchange addresses and phone number (working one) and bring a witness, last but not least, get their license plate when you meet up with them (just in case of criminal activities). But yeah...this is a really good deal if it's true :D

4. Surely Guest

Surely

This made it not be a dumb post:D

Agreed.

Do not exchange addresses with this guy. Then he'll know where to find (and maybe steal) the MBP he just sold to you....

5. mesq thread starter macrumors member

lol no I thought about that heist though...

Well it was on Ebay Australia - there were (supposedly) 56 available, 6 had been "sold" and I had not received any replies to messages sent to the seller - and now the listing has been removed. Glad I waited....